Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

floody

Wheel size expert
Just been looking at that doesnt look too bad.
Im pretty keen on the golf. Something a little different to the millions of ke's.

^.Thats him there.^

Ke70 or another Ke rolla maybe?
Functional > Different.

Different is AWESOME if you want to spend twice as much money and time and end up with something 60% as functional, so you can twiddle your ironic moustache and relate stories about your slow, rusty, iconic eurobox whilst drinking garden variety imported piss from Aldi.
:rolleyes:

Made me laugh reading: money is rolling in... project cor for under 1000? haha.
Another car you could look for is a Mini some of them go pretty cheap I would really like to see more people getting around in subaru brumbys they are a weapon.
What do people think of the subaru L series? My mate just got one and I recon it goes ok.
All these cars are shit for anything except as dour, economical daily conveyance, and no decent project starter mini would be within 5 magnitudes of $1000.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Dont talk it up mate. Its just a clean Mk3 CL. With a few extra's...

BTW how is your GL coming along?
;)

GL will finally be getting a duckbill (From the germanvr6boy -dell-?). Nothing will happen til after getting my Pee's!!!
Then I come to a cross road:
a) Mod it
b) Leave it as a commuter; build up a Mk1 Caddy or Golf.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Floody, where did you get you're meister's from? From memory you imported them right? Roughly how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

Might have my hands on a pair of polished 15x8 sp1 copies. Would look pretty tight I reckon!

floody

Wheel size expert
Actually for the Meisters I capitalised on someone else importing them, then running out of funds.

I paid $2k for them; My guess is circa $750/wheel landed, new in the same dimensions.

Generally speaking you're looking at $90-100 per wheel in shipping ex Japan, plus brokerage costs if you go that way; unless you're talking really small rims like the Riverside Riverge 13s I imported a while back which were $360 landed inclusive of shipping, fees and all auction costs!

fairy1

Banned
Turns out the Skyline I was going to have a look at was a 98 R33 not a 34, oh well it did sound too god to be true.

Now what do I want to buy as my daily driver? I can spend around 10k and it has to be reliable.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far-out, I could drop $2k on meister's but do I really want to? Wise investment?

They would suit a range of cars I'm interested in so I could keep them for a little while, they are a pretty popular wheel also so I wouldn't have a hard time getting rid of them.

Fark, what to do...what to do?

mr flat

Likes Dirt
just started porting and polishing my windsor heads for project supermod and my bloody luck the die grinder shits itself 10 minutes in and i'm left with rough cast heads : ( if anyone knows where i could purchase 351 windsor bumpy top pistons in standard bore please let me know.
cheers jack

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Wheels MAKE a car (well stance but that relies a lot on wheel selection), so I'd say that if you can comfortably (ie without getting a loan, debt all those bad words) spend that much on the work's I'd do it.

I freaking crave a white S15 rolling on white Work Emotion XD9's! I love Work wheels!

What should I get for my keto wagon? 800 for a set of brand new Sportmax or search for some second hand Work Equips or SSR Longchamps or something similiar.

floody

Wheel size expert
Far-out, I could drop $2k on meister's but do I really want to? Wise investment?

They would suit a range of cars I'm interested in so I could keep them for a little while, they are a pretty popular wheel also so I wouldn't have a hard time getting rid of them.

Fark, what to do...what to do?
About the only wise car investment would be buying and storing a GTHO in 1972; anything on our cheaparse project cars is just money gone.

So if you don't care, just buy.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I have enjoyed spending too much on building cars/motorbikes and then thrashing them. 2k is a bit rich though Breaka, my 17x9.5's on the GTR were $1400 brand new.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Where can I find definite laws on height and wheelsize etc for NSW? It seems to be well hidden on the RTA site, and in multiple documents, and often out of date. Birthday in a week and most likely present is money towards wheels from the parents, as I've been driving around with two stockies upback for ages, and tyres are balding. I'm hoping for all black 19s and a 2" drop in my VX wagon. Pity drift-teks don't come in 19" 5x120....

Going to talk to my local Jax Tyres who have a VU SS ute, which appears to be fairly low on 19s or 20s, and find out whether it's legal.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NSW RTA is a complete farce when it comes to telling you what you are ALLOWED to do so thankfully someone's done the hard work for you Lewis in that Boostloosing thread.

superfamtasich

Likes Bikes
That forum is only good for a laugh at bogans and there Phully sik commo's or the gehettoed ricers but there are sometimes little bits of good info like that

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, such a sweet vehicle. I'd seriously love that. As I had posted in the thread I've got an N/A sr s13 and a Stanza and that's the perfect combination of the two.

I've been watching this thing for a while, someone worthy should buy it!

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, such a sweet vehicle. I'd seriously love that. As I had posted in the thread I've got an N/A sr s13 and a Stanza and that's the perfect combination of the two.

I've been watching this thing for a while, someone worthy should buy it!
Pics of Stanza and s13 for reference :D