Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What's worse is that the head was previously reconditioned by a well known performance shop in Brisbane and done the best of 5000kms, the tops of the valves were all smashed from the clearances being left loose, the one in the pic was ground down so far that it's now undersize.

There was barely anything done right on the engine, harmonic balancer bolt was almost finger tight, tappet cover seal rolled in the tapper cover groove and crushed down, rocker gear was miss aligned where shims had been lost, injectors had come loose and one still had the old crush washer stuck in the hole with the new one inserted over the top.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
This should be good. Not a fan of engine choice - I get it, the 2JZ is by no stretch a shit engine, but the last of the XJ engines were pretty refined and with modern injection and the best of aftermarket bits would be ideal (IMHO). Either way, would be nice to be rich enough to roll into these guy's workshop with an open chequebook!!!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What's worse is that the head was previously reconditioned by a well known performance shop in Brisbane and done the best of 5000kms, the tops of the valves were all smashed from the clearances being left loose, the one in the pic was ground down so far that it's now undersize.

There was barely anything done right on the engine, harmonic balancer bolt was almost finger tight, tappet cover seal rolled in the tapper cover groove and crushed down, rocker gear was miss aligned where shims had been lost, injectors had come loose and one still had the old crush washer stuck in the hole with the new one inserted over the top.
Fuck me, and I thought there were shonky pricks in this town. That's insane.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Burn it down. It’s not a performance shop it’s a drug front.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
What the fuck?

Yes, the new Ferrari whatever the name is don’t give a shit has TOUCH BUTTON STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS!

So this is the next stupid idea???

And wow it’s an ugly thing too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You'd be surprised :D

There's a corner me & my mates call 130R...130km/h in a normal car is almost drifting. In the Evora, it was 150R...and some.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You'd be surprised :D

There's a corner me & my mates call 130R...130km/h in a normal car is almost drifting. In the Evora, it was 150R...and some.
YeahI understand, it’s why I bought my dirtbike instead of a nice triumph daytona 675. Nice cars/bikes are nice and all but things get silly real quick haha.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
YeahI understand, it’s why I bought my dirtbike instead of a nice triumph daytona 675. Nice cars/bikes are nice and all but things get silly real quick haha.
And the reason I loved my little 3 cylinder Clio... It was such a hoot with a great chassis for what it was, but didnt need to be at stupid speeds to achieve hilarity :) The tiny engine with massive turbo boost also provided plenty of fun because you had to really work it and think about managing boost to get any sort of push - made you feel like a really good driver when you got it right!