Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
A 2t car on flat road will need something like 50-70kW to maintain 100km/h.
Huh? Car weight has little bearing on a flat road.

Not sure what you are trying to say here - EVs have well tested & demonstrated charge & range figures. Are you saying that facts are lies? What figures are you worrying about?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Learning all sorts of interesting things.

But Hyundai and Toyota are dead serious about making their fuel cell cars at full production scale. They’ve basically perfected it, and it’s just a matter of economics and hydrogen supply now.
Was a small piece in R/auto this edition, sounds like it's here and just not really being discussed. Think it's got a good future in Aus.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Was a small piece in R/auto this edition, sounds like it's here and just not really being discussed. Think it's got a good future in Aus.
I dont think it will be a thing here - no fuel supply. Electrics have the fuel supply ready made and manufactures are involved in providing the boost with fast chargers. Hyundai and Toyota are involved in talking about hydrogen supply, but it’s bot happening yet.

In Japan and Korea, the car makers are providing the tech in response to massive investments and firm commitments by their governments to create a whole hydrogen industry - that’s clearly not a thing here, so outside of the Japanese and Korean domestic markets hydrogen has no advantage over BEV.

Heavy freight may be a different story.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Just bought some Eibach (slightly) lowering springs for the Polo.

It's done 190,000km now & I feel the need to pull the suspension apart & give it a freshen up. New rear beam bushing, Eibach springs, clean everything & adjust the Konis to suit the new springs.

Also have a theory that operating the Konis in a new equilibrium location will extend the damper life. My idea might be ludicrous but hey.

Springs only $260 delivered from Demon Tweeks so it's a cheap mistake if it turns out that way.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I dont think it will be a thing here - no fuel supply. Electrics have the fuel supply ready made and manufactures are involved in providing the boost with fast chargers. Hyundai and Toyota are involved in talking about hydrogen supply, but it’s bot happening yet.

In Japan and Korea, the car makers are providing the tech in response to massive investments and firm commitments by their governments to create a whole hydrogen industry - that’s clearly not a thing here, so outside of the Japanese and Korean domestic markets hydrogen has no advantage over BEV.

Heavy freight may be a different story.
That was the discussion due to our need of freight across the country in the road format. Solar panels on major distribution centres for the likes of Toll etc.

stirk

Burner
Then put yourself in the small minority who it won’t work for. But how often do you do more than 500kms in a day?

And if you do 700, that’s a 10min fast charge to finish the day.
Fucking he'll mate, get off your high horse with the EV while loving the worldwide junkets you fly to.

Where are you Gunna charge?

I said it before it ain't going to work here for decades because the tech is not there yet and swap and go is the best way to make it viable. You called out fear of abuse of said battery by others but if it's a swap and go so long as you get the milage out of it swap and go!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fucking he'll mate, get off your high horse with the EV while loving the worldwide junkets you fly to.

Where are you Gunna charge?

I said it before it ain't going to work here for decades because the tech is not there yet and swap and go is the best way to make it viable. You called out fear of abuse of said battery by others but if it's a swap and go so long as you get the milage out of it swap and go!
Fucking hell mate, get off your high horse about the flights...

I done gunna charge at home mate. I’ve got power points, how come you’re living without electricity ya povvo?

I said it before it’ll work jsut fine here for a great many people. If you know something about battery tech Tesla and Panasonic and LG and VW and BMW and Renault and etc etc don’t know, I suggest you get on the blower and tell them - no one is going for “swap and go”.

Learn more about the tech and the industry and you’ll see why.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That manifold is interesting. As much as turbo's are less sensitive to plumbing they are going to be compromised on turbo size so the final product will be interesting.

I hate watching cars on dynos... especially mapping a new tune.