Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
More Polo suspension stuff, rear beam axle main bushing replacement:

New ones are split, easy to install. Old ones are in a metal sleeve that’s pressed into the axle. Online pics show removal is far from fun...
Can you burn them out with a torch without setting fire to the car?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Rubber bit is easy, the external metal shell is tougher!
Hmm....I used a hacksaw & an air hammer for those. Not subtle. Not without collateral damage. But effective. Shitty old ute so minimal fucks given. Polo is nice car.

Can u remove the pick up points (or links) from the car?
Are the bushings housed in the links...or in the chassis?

(Fucken' OEM's )

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hmm....I used a hacksaw & an air hammer for those. Not subtle. Not without collateral damage. But effective. Shitty old ute so minimal fucks given. Polo is nice car.

Can u remove the pick up points (or links) from the car?
Are the bushings housed in the links...or in the chassis?

(Fucken' OEM's )
Bushes are pressed into the bear axle itself, all you can do is drop the axle down a little & start wailing...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I have almost completed my RatRod build and its going up for sale....... this took a long time to do and fit but sheesh its quick!!!! ;);)
That's a concept I've never grasped, spend so much time on something to sell it straight away. Are the other forces involved?

It's very cool and unique and I'd buy it myself if I could

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I need to win lotto
there is a MK1 Mexico with Cossie on Fleabay at the moment...would sell my children to the Russian's for such a thing!

binner

Hath shat hymself
you sir, are an evil genius..very cool
did the T3 come out as a ute, or chopped wagon?
Iy was a station wagon but then chopped by a local coach builder and converted into a ute, top job was done.... It then became a hill climber for a few years then it was pushed into a shed and forgotten for years until I found it

binner

Hath shat hymself
Sorry, not a fan. How could your neighbours think that blue painted rails works with a brick fence?
Iy hurts me that Yr not a fan of the bespoke that you see in front of you.... For the fence, well let's just say they are quiet the eccentric folk