Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Lots? It's a build of 25. That's a lot of carbon.
The Dutch guys doing the conversions of actual Porsches to electric are much more exciting. This is just a fancy reissue. There's easily 25 people with that much money to burn though, which is a problem in itself.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Why are you tackling the same job I am?

Except the new bushes I’m using have no external sleeve, I just have to get the old steel sleeve out of the beam...
Had a crack at this today - gave up when I realised the instructions are wrong. You need to disconnect the brake hoses to drop the beam. CBF'd doing all this in my driveway, it's not a necessary repair & it's our only car.

Instead, I reset the damping on the rear Konis (now two turns from open, was one - the Eibachs needed things turned up a bit) and worked out where the fuel filter was. Again, fiddly plastic fittings in a tight space means I'll get the mechanic down the road from work to swap it over. CBF'd breaking something.

Also need new tyres - rego due in two months (likely smack bang in the middle of the pandemic peak) so I'll need to sort that now & get a pink slip as early as possible.

Seems extreme to be thinking about these things but you can never be too careful.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why would you buy all these cars and just stick them in a shed never to see the light of day? 30 years in storage and the owner wants to sell them. Obviously hasn’t driven them or even looked at and sat in them at all in that time because of the way they are stacked and stored.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Why would you buy all these cars and just stick them in a shed never to see the light of day? 30 years in storage and the owner wants to sell them. Obviously hasn’t driven them or even looked at and sat in them at all in that time because of the way they are stacked and stored.

There is a LOT of money in the world and the 1% that has most of it is still a pretty large amount of people. Shit like this happens all the time in a world where these are just old toys...