Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Oh god no, you have no idea what the previous owner was like. Probably a twat.

Repairable writoff, run away!

AND it’s red euro trash. Fuck it gets worse

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Couple of things...

@Haakon rear calipers turned up so many thanks for those!!

Looks like the next Focus RS is canned which is sad. I had plans to turn the M into an RS. Not happening now. Based on leaks the RS should have been pretty damn good. I don't know who pulls what strings but as the Focus RS is mainly a European model and not at all popular in Trumpland it looks like it has been dropped to allow all 17 models of Mustang to be sold instead to keep under the next round of emissions rules. Ish.

Quick measure of the XR and the XR4.2 is going to be a tight fit. My next job will be stripping the Audi to have some fun and getting the XR on a dolly so I can rip the suspenders out of it and see what we have to work with. A possibility is to set the V8 up as fwd only and mount it in the back of the XR so it becomes a mid engined thing. There is enough room for that. Anyway if we can manage with just a weird looking bonnet bulge then that will be the way to go, awd V8 in a Fiesta should be interesting.

And finally the Spridget is still a definite maybe depending on what work comes my way when Oz gets back to some form of nomality. Keeping my eye out for parts which is why the rear calipers were a good thing. Worst case I can always fit the rear brakes and 16v head on my cousins mini though that would be a waste.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Murphy’s law strikes again... Needed to swap manual drives shafts into the lower kms hubs from the auto car. CVs were super fucking tight in the hubs, and I knew the CV would a pain to get off the shaft without a good bench vice. And I needed a new intermediate bearing pressed on. So took the shafts in to the trans axle shop.

They were totally seized so labour was 200, extra time because he knew I wanted to reuse the wheel bearing so no oxy torch. But the reason they were seized is the reason they’re fucked - splines rooted. Will be hard to chip away the corrosion to get them to go back in, and by then they’ll be a loose fit.

So new bearings for the other hubs, and new CV joints are in order... Oh well, the theory was sound - these CVs and bearings were fine, should have left them in the hub and knocked the shaft off... That’s a couple of hundred I didn’t need to spend, but that’s hindsight for you!

3D printed?
Indeed, the bike is old and out of production for a long time. I am very very late to the mod scene and the original moriwaki and Dr Honda velocity stacks are impossible to find, but a dude in qld has some has 3D printed some, they ain't shiny billet buy ya cannae see em anyhoo.

Niiice! It's the outside radius that's important.
Cheers, the bike is a v twin, the front stack was quite short compared to the rear. It pulls hard from down low and was pretty linear in power delivery, riding it around the burbs was still fine and on the open road cracking it open was fun on the bun, it's gonna be addictive.

Nek up mite be a lightened flywheel, sheds 1kg and allows it spin up faster.