Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
probs a 996
My old man picked up a 996 turbo a couple of months ago. He’s always got at least a couple of classics sports cars he’s working. Various porsches over the last few years.

But holy shit, that 996 turbo is seriously disturbing to drive (on public roads anyway). The NA ones are well fast enough and nice progressive acceleration. The turbo is batshit crazy, well past my comfort limits nowadays.

Lovely chassis and handling though.

Still, it’s always nice to get back into my hilux boat so I can just relax in slow wallowy comfort.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My old man picked up a 996 turbo a couple of months ago. He’s always got at least a couple of classics sports cars he’s working. Various porsches over the last few years.

But holy shit, that 996 turbo is seriously disturbing to drive (on public roads anyway). The NA ones are well fast enough and nice progressive acceleration. The turbo is batshit crazy, well past my comfort limits nowadays.

Lovely chassis and handling though.

Still, it’s always nice to get back into my hilux boat so I can just relax in slow wallowy comfort.
If you think a 996 turbo chassis is overpowered for the road try any GT2!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fucking what?

That's just like someone chucking dirt tires on a road bike and calling it a new genre
Lol, you may be right. But it’s a thing, lots have been done. It’s lighter than the porker engine and makes a shit tonne more torque.

it’s done to Boxsters as well.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That would have to be the most bogan thing I have ever heard of. Take European development, shove it full of American Dino-tech.

Results would be fun tho
The LS engines are a very decent bit of kit. Power to size/weight ratio is excellent, those 2 valve pushrod heads make for a very compact engine - so it’s easy to fit in places you wouldn’t think 5.7-6.2 litres of V8 would go... Plus they’re cheap as chips to buy, and even decent for a brand new crate engine from GM.