Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My mate's GT3RS was miami blue. One of only a handful made worldwide. Beautiful colour and was complemented by the raw carbon and matt black bits and pieces. It is now available on the macan and cayenne. There is a macan out here in that colour. It looks awful, just too much with no accents. On the gt3 the splashes of carbon etc that broke up the colour worked well and there was less panel work to start with.

Brow

Big Block
Errr...... Yeah.... If you want red then your got red with red on top.
I think it is too much red - but must be sooo faaaassst! A bit like having desert with a cherry on top with a cherry on top.

I don't mind some things 'in your face' such as Hawiian shirts, but I do like cars a bit more subtle and go rather than show.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I think it is too much red - but must be sooo faaaassst! A bit like having desert with a cherry on top with a cherry on top.

I don't mind some things 'in your face' such as Hawiian shirts, but I do like cars a bit more subtle and go rather than show.
It sure must go like hell. I have a friend with a taxi company that has a 4 door one. They justify it for higher end clients but I am disappointed if he doesn't give it a good hiding occasionally.

I like subtle in cars too. Minimal wings (if you really have to) and removing all badges I think looks really good on vintage muscle with a bit lower rise height.

Gotta stay classy :)

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
So, I've been pretty quiet and off the bike for about 6 months. Last year was an absolute prick of a year, full of big accidents and injuries, I needed a mental and physical break.

With the break came time (and some money) to concentrate on my other passion...... motorbikes.
I've been riding (and racing) motorbikes long before throwing my leg over a MTB, and I've spent 8 years without a track bike to do some riding on. I've always had a road bike, but don't track that coz I know I'll bin it.

I've got a pristine, 1998 Aprilia RS250 sitting in the garage, along with my daily ridden Aprilia Tuono Factory, so I thought an Aprilia track bike way to way to go.

I managed to pick up a basket case RS125 of 2000 vintage(my favourite shape and compliments the RS250) that was a half hearted track bike conversion. Its rough.... and rusty... and in need of some TLC.

So, I'll run a little build log in this thread for anyone that cares.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
BIL has a 250 he was gifted and hasnt ridden... must get a shot of it. No idea what year but it is fairly ancient. It's red.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
BIL has a 250 he was gifted and hasnt ridden... must get a shot of it. No idea what year but it is fairly ancient. It's red.
RS250s are making mega money these days... a pristine original $12-$15k

I bought mine in 2009, left it back in ireland when I moved out to Aus. Its now on the boat on the way out.... but can't road registert it till 2023 (25 year rule).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Looks like a hoot @JTmofo

.... but getting a track bike to recover from a period of big accidents and injuries .....
Its more the mental break I needed. Every ride was push push push.... so something to challenge the mind is what I need.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
@JTmofo More info please - that's a pretty bike!
They're a little cracker of a bike. They use a Rotax 125 2 stroke (this one is a Rotax 122). Same motor as the 125cc karts so all the parts are available.

With a bigger carb, v force reeds and a decent pipe, it should make 32-34 bhp. .

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Loom stripped and all the road gear cut out.

Hopefully I didnt fuck it up and it actually runs!