Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, I've been pretty quiet and off the bike for about 6 months. Last year was an absolute prick of a year, full of big accidents and injuries, I needed a mental and physical break.

With the break came time (and some money) to concentrate on my other passion...... motorbikes.
I've been riding (and racing) motorbikes long before throwing my leg over a MTB, and I've spent 8 years without a track bike to do some riding on. I've always had a road bike, but don't track that coz I know I'll bin it.

I've got a pristine, 1998 Aprilia RS250 sitting in the garage, along with my daily ridden Aprilia Tuono Factory, so I thought an Aprilia track bike way to way to go.

I managed to pick up a basket case RS125 of 2000 vintage(my favourite shape and compliments the RS250) that was a half hearted track bike conversion. Its rough.... and rusty... and in need of some TLC.

So, I'll run a little build log in this thread for anyone that cares.

Awesome, should be a fun little bike once finished.

A mate I used to do track days with had a ex 125 GP bike. Was so funny on a day at Phillip Island. Would get blown by down the front straight by all the 1000 hero's then would peg them all back through though the back half of the track. Hit the straight again and repeat lol, lap after lap.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sprint today was most enjoyable. Nothing special from me as I took a passenger on each lap so 9/10s or so. Still lots of fun.

An Audi R8V10 was entered in addition to some M's. And the usual suspects. Great day. Some water on the track from overnight rain so the first few laps were like a rally stage "WATER SPLASH". This brought a few undone at the next corner but that is part of the fun. As we hit the skidpan in the opposite direction the right front was getting feathered so evens out the wear from going the other way last time! Time to rotate the tyres.

This was interesting though I would prefer the pooh holes filled in.

And the R8

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How'd the Beetle go? Been (unrealistically) dreaming of converting one myself...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yes yes, it’s another bloody ring video, but this is worth it. He only has about 30% function in his right arm after a rally accident, so is mostly driving with one arm. Listen to the tyres - he has it right on the edge the whole way and makes it look easy.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
He's super committed to on-limit cornering grip when he doesn't know the car.

Those BMWs aren't the nicest things to drive super hard, from what I've read. The bouncy suspension seems typical...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I was just impressed at how smooth he is. Gets on the power very early, the finesse with brake and throttle is impressive.