Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

binner

Hath shat hymself
slapped in a UHF and Tekonsha electric brakes for when we camp with friends and my camp trailer. These UHF's are awesome, all in one on the mic and I added a speaker under the steering column which is super loud and clear for an old dude like me with bad hearing. Will add a EVC throttle controller when I'm totally convinced it needs one.... ;););)

Attachments

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Whoops. Bought another Reno… Has a transmission fault that’s probably a $50 solenoid in the valve body, has a ding on the rear, heater fan needs doing that’s a dash out job and it doesn’t start. What could possibly go wrong? But for $200 plus a tow I’ll at least get some better wheels for the Megane (once I repaint them).

Fix it up with a few parts I already have and flip it. Make some pocket money for bike stuff…

1376BF35-A275-4AF9-B7F2-6B5CCAA6B829.jpeg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Whoops. Bought another Reno… Has a transmission fault that’s probably a $50 solenoid in the valve body, has a ding on the rear, heater fan needs doing that’s a dash out job and it doesn’t start. What could possibly go wrong? But for $200 plus a tow I’ll at least get some better wheels for the Megane (once I repaint them).

Fix it up with a few parts I already have and flip it. Make some pocket money for bike stuff…

View attachment 377870
wow..what a good looking machine!
I just got a little bit of sick in the back of my throat from this

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Meh, they’re at least not a clone :) As a passenger car though they’re phenomenal. Interior design and layout is super practical and spacious.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Anyway. It was $200… I’ll go over it on the weekend and see if it’s worth resurrecting. Otherwise part it out.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I think we are all saying they both are as ugly as a bus crash.
That I can get on board with ;) I quite like the styling of this thing because it’s functional and unusual - it doesn’t have to be pretty. Worst sin in car design is being derivative…

binner

Hath shat hymself
more mucking around this weekend. Fitted the front struts with King springs so now I have a lift of 35mm. Front struts were super easy to fit. Went and bought some Raptor to hit the plastic bumpers with, needed a bit more black in there. The taking off of bumpers and prep was the longest part.
I've never sprayed raptor and its totally different to spraying auto paints. Gun was about 500mm off the bumper to get a good spread and texture layed down. That shit sticks everywhere.............Then finished off the day with fitted a 40 inch lightbar to give it the Jurassic park 4x look :p:p:p

Still have to fit the bashplate that I hit with Raptor and a few other small things.....I'm pretty happy how it looks now....

Attachments

Haakon

Keeps on digging
454FB733-B56E-4487-8128-CDC075A6C20F.jpeg
Low bar to work from... Still fugly.
I don’t really get the hate to be honest… I know it’s fashionable to hate on minivans, but these things really are very good. Immense space inside for how big it is outside. 3 seats in the second row all come out individually, third row seats fold into the floor.

Will see how it scrubs up, maybe I’ll keep it and do some travelling in it - lots of room in the back for bikes!

And I don’t think it looks bad. Most annoying thing is they left LHD wipers on it….

MasterOfReality

After forever
Enter the bogan. Ha, I've owned this hsv enhanced 1991 VP Calais since 2004ish, much to my wife's disgust (and persistent pressure to sell). First thing I did, like every other early/mid 20's male with a V8, was put in a twin 2.5 inch into 3 inch exhaust. Its pretty loud haha. Has 151,000 km on it. Has the 180kW engine pack, HSV body and suspension kit, and 16x8 wheels.

Drove it for a few years before its issues got too much and I parked it up in a shed in 2008. There it sat until around 2017, when we moved house and I was forced to get it going again. I tried to sell it in 2008 but had no bites. Interest in these was low.

Anyway, gave it a service and fixed up the issues and have started driving it a couple of times a week, reliving my early 20's haha and marvelling about the early 90's totally shit build quality and how far cars have actually come in that time. I'm getting an average fuel consumption of over 20 L/100km and all the pensioners at Kenmore Village shopping centre give me filthy looks. And my 6 year old son actually likes the "noisy" car now, which pisses wifey off. Bonus haha.

Dragged out of shed after nearly 10 years

Cleaned up and regoed