Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Amateur, I got the GTS to 99, it wouldn't read 3 figures.
In my defence that was an average - I was way to busy dealing with the scenery slipping past at warp speed to pay attention to instant readouts! I did like the way it would wiggle its bum under acceleration when nailed at 110... I quite liked it!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I obviously wouldnt advocate keying or anything destructive, but perhaps if any Sydney peeps see this tool around you could let his tyres down ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They love climate change. I told you - it needs to be on a VE SS and it'd be instantly interpreted!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Press fit wheel bearings suck... I have to pull out brand new front bearings on the megane because there is a pressed metal clip that holds the ABS sensor against the bearing (one of these bearings with the ABS ring built in rather than a separate ring on the hub...) is made of shit soft metal. Sensor flopping about and intermittent ABS light is the result... The clip is sandwiched behind the bearing, only way its coming out is removing the bearing first....

And being pressed in bearings, they dont come out intact so I have to buy whole new bearing, strip down and remove the hub upright and spend some quality time with the bearing press all for one tiny shitty little metal clip.

My own fault - I thought I'd found a cheap brand that was reboxing SNR bearings, but they were cheap chinese ones after all. Lesson learned - just buy the OEM SNR bearing!

Attachments

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Watching a repeat of an old ish Top Gear episode with Chris Harris talking about Colin McRae and his 1995 world championship. I was in WA the next year and two more after that and managed to meet Colin and some of his team (and others...) he was a true rally nut. Nothing else seemed to matter to him and he was as passionate as anyone could be. I know I have mentioned it before but when he passed me on a transport stage spraying my car with pea gravel all I could do is smile. What a legend. Very thoughtful and well put together tribute by Chris. Nice sideline about those bloody cheating Toyota bastards too...