Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm impressed.
My little i30n is enough for me, reasonably quick I thought.... less than half your car though.

Be careful
Same here, my humble stock MPS sure could help me to lose my license almost too easily. I have to hold back there too.

Mr @Oddjob may need a brick placed underneath the accelerator to stop those tempting thoughts.

I might be slightly outdone by a fine R35 but I have picked up a mini me on ebay. Number 1 of 3599. No risk of license loss with this one. :) Hey, no laughing you lot.......

20230201_102708.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm impressed.
My little i30n is enough for me, reasonably quick I thought.... less than half your car though.

Be careful
I reckon you would get more fun out of your car (and the MPS) just driving it around. I had a Forester XT way back and it was a great little go cart that was lots of fun even at normal speeds.

The GTR is just from another galaxy. It's happy to cruise but, anything short of doing 90° turns at 60km doesn't even seem to bother it. Will have to get some driver training and track time.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My missus seems to notice spirited acceleration more in slower cars than fast ones. Easy to use a bit of low down power and avoid the theatre of high revs I think lol.
The Jimny we have is an auto and the poster boy for slow but you will get there. Even with a boot full then warp speed is still a long way away. Slow feels fast in that car.

The manual Mazda just gives you that firm push between the shoulders when it is ready for fun time. She knows I like to give it a brappp occasionally which gives my evil plan away. :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fitting the itbs to the track xr4. Ripped the front off after degassing the ac because I am not an environmental vandal then draining all the fluids from the radiator, power steering and oil coolers. Actuator bracket fitted after the ac compressor fell off.

Test fitted the itbs to check what needed adjusting. Had to remove the far end throttle lever and grind some clearance off the power steering pump casting. Then the actuator shaft that I left long was snipped off and a bracket that is on the back of the starter that isn't on the spare motor was edited. Plug in the electrics and fuel rail and lo the throttles work using my cobbled together actuator and mounts/linkages!

Next step was the various vacuum lines. Found a manifold with 10 ports! And drilled and tapped that to take the map sensor, drilled and tapped the itb manifolds for lines to the 10 port manifold and scrounged/bought fittings for the egr and brake booster. Blocked off extra ports. Drilled the filter base for a fitting to run the catch can to and test fire. Yay. Bit hairy but no codes. No water either.

Tomorrow will see the revised drive belt set up, the condenser go and the front back together then we will gut the interior and remove the heater and evaporator. Oh and the dip stick... thinking of a major rebend and reroute. That can be decided after a test fit of the slam panel.

Last edited: