Protecting crank arms for shuttle runs

trav

Likes Dirt
Easy solution.
Head down to Bunnings ,buy some 32mm clear poly tubing.
Remove your pedal ,slide the poly tubing over the crank arm(it will fit snug over the arm),,cut above the thread for your pedal and re fit your pedal.

This is buy far the best solution,will last for ever,fits snug in the crank holder on the trailers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...take a couple of old tubes along. Use them like big rubber bands to hold your bike steady on the shuttle. It might take a bit of fucking around the first time, but once you figure it you'll loop your bike on/off in only a fraction more time than the rest of the riders. Be polite about dialling your set up...turn up early and figure it before everyone gets there or sit a lap out and be first on the trailer for the next run. Bikes are held to my shuttle trailer by old tubes and they are pretty quick and easy to use.

Looks funny empty though, like a bunch of flogged out wierd long black frangers flapping in the wind.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Doing Falls for the first time this weekend and heard they use crank mount shuttles.

I think this should be keep my carbon cranks safe?
They mount non driveside right? haha

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Similar to @trav, I picked up some clear heatshrink tubing on fleabay - 40mm diameter. Still got about 4.5 metres of the stuff if anyone wants some!

moorey

call me Mia
This.

One of the reasons I buy cheaper cranks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Just started new build. No qualms putting old scratched cranks on this, even though I’ve got new spares, given it will only ever be shuttled.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Me too, I try to buy raceface since it has an I beam outer raised protective ridge or silver coloured cranks eg old XTs , never anodised or carbon. Our main bike rack is a homemade 20 yo crank holder, cheap , strong , quick , secure.
Seems pointless to have carbon bling then covering it up.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Moorey flies must be bad in Bunningsyong that you have an Aerogard holder on your bike.
Like singlepivot frame.

moorey

call me Mia
You have no idea what the flies are like here in the bush on a hot day. They flock to the cool shade under the patio and into my bike shed. Like a black cloud.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep live on a farm w cattle, the flies and mud wasps all hang around the cool outer walls of the house .
Friday was 44 in Albury. Here nearly 40.We rode in the drizzle yesterday and loved it.