Prototype 27.5" Nukeproof Mega

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The more I think about this, the more I'm completely okay with it. There are many sports where athletes require a different piece of equipment depending on the location and conditions. Surfing comes to mind. The best in the world ride a different board at Teahupo'o than they do at some of the smaller breaks - I like that the best in the world can choose a bike to better suit the track. If it were a poor reflection on anything , I'd say the tracks themselves. My preference would be to see the entire world cup raced on Schladming style, steep tracks but, with the variation we see on the circuit, riders bringing 'quivers' of bikes adds to the build up and interest.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting, obviously the team will run what they feel is faster but hasn't Sam in the past said he's very conservative and that DH be 26'ers only?

heavyp

You heard it here first
The more I think about this, the more I'm completely okay with it. There are many sports where athletes require a different piece of equipment depending on the location and conditions. Surfing comes to mind. The best in the world ride a different board at Teahupo'o than they do at some of the smaller breaks - I like that the best in the world can choose a bike to better suit the track. If it were a poor reflection on anything , I'd say the tracks themselves. My preference would be to see the entire world cup raced on Schladming style, steep tracks but, with the variation we see on the circuit, riders bringing 'quivers' of bikes adds to the build up and interest.
And then there's Kelly Slater riding boards that no one else would even consider thinking about let alone riding haha

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
And then there's Kelly Slater riding boards that no one else would even consider thinking about let alone riding haha
And smokes everyone!

Interesting, obviously the team will run what they feel is faster but hasn't Sam in the past said he's very conservative and that DH be 26'ers only?
Yeah he did speak out against it at one point, but unfortunately, being sponsored doesn't grant you the power to decide which way a company will swing. If Nukeproof want to release a 27.5 rig, then Sam becomes part of the machine that promotes it...

Last edited: