Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

moorey

call me Mia
‘Goodbye Molly Gray’ was an old American song sometimes wrongly attributed to Squizzy Taylor’s GF (also molly gray). Who stole the tune and adapted it to a commonly heard song in Australia?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fruit salad, yummy yummy? Or it's a long way to the top if you are riding an orange?

I have a sneaking suspicion I won't know either the original or adapted version.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
‘Goodbye Molly Gray’ was an old American song sometimes wrongly attributed to Squizzy Taylor’s GF (also molly gray). Who stole the tune and adapted it to a commonly heard song in Australia?
I refuse to answer. Last time I heard a question like that, it was on Spicks and Specks and it led to a bunch of greedy copyright lawyers suing Men At Work for millions and inadvertently caused the death of Greg Ham

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'll hazard a guess at Slim Dusty, in which case "tune" is a very loosely-applied term....

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Speaking of repurposed songs that annoy the fuck out of you, Coles have been flogging Status Quo’s ‘Down down’ for years now but can you name the two original members of the band?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I am going to jump in with a sideline question..going back to the flight theme!
What is the oldest manmade object now in outer space somewhere, and approx how old?