Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

moorey

call me Mia
im my days or running litigation campaigns against credit card debtors, we used this method to locate non responsive or skipped customers to determine where to serve them. We would set up a legitimate competition for an iPad and all you had to do to enter was update/confrim your residential and mailing adresses. 80% response rate, for the price of an iPad. WAY better than using a skip trace company.

People are stupid.

and yes, the person who won the ipad was subsequently sued for 23k worth of unpaid credit card debt.
Woohoo! Free iPad.

Minlak

custom titis
im my days or running litigation campaigns against credit card debtors, we used this method to locate non responsive or skipped customers to determine where to serve them. We would set up a legitimate competition for an iPad and all you had to do to enter was update/confrim your residential and mailing adresses. 80% response rate, for the price of an iPad. WAY better than using a skip trace company.

People are stupid.

and yes, the person who won the ipad was subsequently sued for 23k worth of unpaid credit card debt.
I like some of the ways you can get out of quite substantial debt with no issues - I don’t know if it’s stopped now but let’s say you owe a company $10000 you send them $100 with clear instructions you now consider this debt paid and complete - if they process the$100 payment your done - or something similar to that :)

moorey

call me Mia
I like some of the ways you can get out of quite substantial debt with no issues - I don’t know if it’s stopped now but let’s say you owe a company $10000 you send them $100 with clear instructions you now consider this debt paid and complete - if they process the$100 payment your done - or something similar to that :)
You're

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That thing was horrific inside. I have no words.

What will eventually destroy the footprints left by humans on the moon?
No atmosphere so no winds, landed on the near side which always faces earth so no meteor impacts. There was a reasonably even layer of dust so it does move, perhaps under moon's own weak gravity.

So I will say...

Chinese space roomba.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
that doesn't work. I don't know that it ever did. good way to accelerate the enforcement though.

The greatest part of that job was getting crazy mail from people who tried to absolve themselves from the debt with antics like that. The sovereign citizen crazies were the best. You'd take them to court and they'd babble on how they don't recognise fiat currency or the laws of some such or rather. The magistrate would take one look and say (paraphrased) "well you recognised the currency when you spent it and as such benefited from itand the laws of the country, as such you cant take that position now so pay up ya crazy"