Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I reckon it's to/from one of the US military outposts. New York - Guam
Nope. No direct flights between the two.

There are actually two possible answers for this as there was a special one-off flight made during COVID that broke not only the record for domestic travel but also the record for the longest commercial flight in general. That said it's not a regular route.

I'll accept either answer - and as a clue, I'll add that both of them originated at the same airport....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Mate, if you're sitting next to a politician, that means you're up at the front of the plane and probably in your own private booth.
I'll happily make that sacrifice!
I sat behind Gough and Margaret once from Perth to Sydney, 5 minutes in Margaret went to the bog, 10 minutes later it was brokeded and the smell was stripping paint off the fuselage. Outside.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Having just googled it, FFS, you joke about things only Moorey knows? Very Cheugy.
This isn't a $125,000+ question in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It's a typical general knowledge pub trivia question.
Dales knew it - albeit after the fact and you were given a very strong clue.

Fuck, you can lead a horse to water.... :rolleyes:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It’s a French domestic flight - maybe Paris to New Caledonia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the interests of expediency I'll give you it. It's Paris Charles De Gaulle to Reunion (Southern Indian Ocean, just east of Madagascar) although there was a one-off COVID-related direct flight last year from Paris to Papeete in Tahiti that not only broke the longest domestic flight record but the international one as well.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In the interests of expediency I'll give you it. It's Paris Charles De Gaulle to Reunion (Southern Indian Ocean, just east of Madagascar) although there was a one-off COVID-related direct flight last year from Paris to Papeete in Tahiti that not only broke the longest domestic flight record but the international one as well.
That’s generous. I was only 11000km out.

Name the four countries that when spelled with all capital letters have no enclosed spaces in the letters.

E.g A, O, and B all have enclosed spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: