Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Air seeder?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Nein. Not related to planting as such.

The centenary of the machine's invention was actually 2014, but it was only last year that Henty commissioned a bronze statue of the guy at their agricultural museum. I only know this because I saw a repeat of Landline a week ago...

Nambra

I'll probably have to pay that one Dales, although I don't recall a stump jumping header, only a plough.

The header was invented by Headlie Taylor in 1914 after several failed attempts IIRC. Instead of forcibly stripping crops, the header cut the tops off. The machine allowed flattened crops to be picked up by the lower comb, so yields improved immeasurably. Modern harvesters are still based on Headlie's original design apparently. Another Aussie that did good...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll probably have to pay that one Dales, although I don't recall a stump jumping header, only a plough.

The header was invented by Headlie Taylor in 1914 after several failed attempts IIRC. Instead of forcibly stripping crops, the header cut the tops off. The machine allowed flattened crops to be picked up by the lower comb, so yields improved immeasurably. Modern harvesters are still based on Headlie's original design apparently. Another Aussie that did good...
He is no Hill's Hoist though.

Nambra

You’re too kind Dales!

Ok, let’s go again... What is Carcharodon carcharias commonly known as?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
About 3 PMs to late Poodle
After Barton's reign there was a lot of back n forward, I get confused a bit. Perhaps it was Watson. Im sure it wasn't th walrus...Reid.

I googled it and I'm right. But I'll be busy for a while, so somebody else should get amongst it.

Last edited: