Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
"The rest of their life" was the answer we were looking for on that one.

Also, seems old Desert Sabre is killing the thread. So it was the 100-hour war, and it took about (you're never gonna guess this one!) 100-hours from the 24th - 28th Feb 1991 before Bush declared Kuwait liberated.

I'll leave it open to whoever has a question.
Yeah like I said, about a week. ;)

Reactions: Zaf

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Staya, France, China, North and south Vietnam, I think there's a couple of tiny assists in there as well that I can't think of like Laos and...not on fire just now.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Staya, France, China, North and south Vietnam, I think there's a couple of tiny assists in there as well that I can't think of like Laos and...not on fire just now.
OK, you're on the right track....but I mean who were 'Merica's allies on the ground?
HINT: No France, No Canada, No Brittain. Think SE Asia...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The list is really long... I also looked it up because I couldn't remember if NZ committed or not and I was very confident the 5 I provided were part of it...

So you're saying my list of countries didn't provide grind troops in 'nam @born-again-biker?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
@Pintofstellamate pretty much nailed it.
The Philippines was the other one.
There's a few more that dabbled around the edges with 'advisors' and medical support etc.
But I was really surprised to learn how small the list was for countries that actually put combat troops (in large numbers) on the ground.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Whilst we’re on the subject of troubled 3rd world countries, let’s play ‘Who’s Despot Is This?’

Here are 5 vicious tyrants. What countries did/do they rule with an iron fist

1: Nicolai Caucescu
2: Papa Doc Duvalier
3: Ferdinand Marcos
4: Charles Taylor
5: Jacinda Ardern

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haiti correct although not Central American. It’s Caribbean.

2 down 3 to go
I thought the Caribbean Islands were considered part of central America? Not that central America is a continent though. Greene wrote a few books and also did some interviews with Pappa. He was a strange man.

Caucescu...Poland?

Edit - fuck it!!! Got too curious and google tells all.