Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

workmx

Banned
Anyone thought of starting a trivia thread (one where trivia question are asked and hopefully answered - not just providing tidbits of trivia)

Rules - no googling

Poster with correct answer asks the next question.

__

First question:

Where would one find the worst poetry in the universe?

Extra points for naming it's author.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jennings, somewhere in England I believe, all poetry was destroyed with Earth though. Can't remember the exact spot, nor can I think of another question at the moment. Well, at least not a real one.

How do you get down off an elephant?

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
I was thinking of the one (EDIT: Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings from Sussex), as named in Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
That is what I was thinking of - got the name wrong though. Doh.

Many many years since I read it though.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
What's the lowest whole number that when spelt out is in alphabetical order?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Nothing much else happening tonight other than the neverending theological debat so might as well inject a bit of life into this thread.

In what branch of the British Armed Forces did James Bond serve and what rank did he hold?

zippykona

Likes Bikes
Ooh I know that without even looking.
Commander , Royal Navy.

My turn, what do Virginia Plain, Up The Junction and Just Like Heaven have in common?

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ooh I know that without even looking.
Commander , Royal Navy.

My turn, what do Virginia Plain, Up The Junction and Just Like Heaven have in common?
Looking's cheating!

As for your question...

They're performed by the only people to appear on BBC Radio and/or TV in the 70's and 80's who are not currently under investigation as part of 'Operation Yewtree'?