Pump track-the shire

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
Hey fellow rotorburners
Me and my friend Sam have started making our own pump track today.
This is really our first major build and so far we have made a berm and started spacing out rollers along the main straight.
The piece of land is quite overgrown at the moment and we are planing to clear it a bit soon.
Today it was raining all day but that didn't stop us.
Here are a few pics from Sams phone, pretty dodgy but there will be better quality ones tomorrow.:rolleyes:
If you guys have any sugestions give us a yell.
thanks a heap
happy rotorburning
ben-ya-min:cool:
DSC00397.jpgDSC00394.JPGDSC00398.jpgDSC00392.JPGDSC00391.jpg

aloo95

Likes Bikes
looks madd if you ever need a hand im just down at illawong so i could help dig ( preferably not on a rainy day) also in 1 of your pics there was a banna tree ( i think mayb palm tree) i never knew they grew wild or is that some ones propety ;)

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
there are houses up the back and they have cut up a plam tree and just left the tree down the botom
so we are using the sumps for building:cool:

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
nice looking burm
also take off the reflectors the bike mate
thanks mate, it still need some fine tuning because if you hit it with any speed you end up goin over the top and out to the side at the end.
i will just have to build it upat the end to you get spat out towards the rollers.
the other thing i will have to do is make the rollers a little less steep and the first one after the berm a little smaller and closer to the end of the berm.

i was looking at the reflecters on my spokes this arvo actully thinking i will have to take them off:p

thanks for the comments

i will have to get down there again on sunday and do some building:cool:

sam-u-el-rox

Cannon Fodder
hey ben its samuel thanx for signing me up.
we were making some good progres on sunday pity that guy told us to stop:( but kep going with the smaller version
c ya at scool bud

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
hey guys,

Some valuable advise for you,
Keep all rollers and burms above ground (dig from outside of burms) so you don't have to worry about drainage!
Trust me, nothing worse than track being flooded when you want to ride it after its been raining!

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
yea we were thinking about diging from the outside but i have been reading up a booklet thing called pump track nation and it was saying to dig from inside and pile it up onto the berm. i am making another berm so i will dig from the outside for that one.
thanks for the advice dh squid

little hint for yousamuel the mods love to pick up on peoples spelling. what ever you do DO NOT talk in MSN/TEXTING style eg. hey wats doin u wanna go dig da trail. THE MODS WILL FIND YOU!!!:cool: i would go back and edit your post samuel

i will post some more pics tomorrow if i do some building

Last edited:

Smiddy88

Likes Dirt
hi Ben,
The track looks sick, i will have to come over and give you a hand with it. We have just built one of our own at our jumps. If your not doing anything next weekend ill come over so we can build :D

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
work from last weekend and this morning

hey guys went down this morning for a few hours and a few hundred shovel loads of dirt.
here is where i am up to. hopefully the pics work full page this time:rolleyes:
enjoy
any comments or ideas or critisms welcome

The berm and the first roller

Looking down the berm at the 4 rollers

Looking down the first 2 rollers at the berm

looking from the last rollerdown to where the other berm will be

start of the second berm

now just some cool pics i took:cool:

Last edited:

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
hi Ben,
The track looks sick, i will have to come over and give you a hand with it. We have just built one of our own at our jumps. If your not doing anything next weekend ill come over so we can build :D
sounds like a plan cya at school monday:cool: