Pump Tracks round Maitland

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if there were any pump tracks in/near Maitland. Just found out we're going to be up there on Thursday and may have a few hours to kill with the kiddies.... Thanks :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't. You will feel a little piece of yourself die just by being there.

But if you must, user friendly bmx track at tenambit. Then head to morpeth for a swim in the river.

But better not to go.

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
Jeez that's a bit rough! Maitland isn't that bad!

As mentioned above Maitland Tenambit BMX track is about it. Depending on the size of your kids you might need to stick to the 3rd and 4th straights. Jumps on the 2nd straight are big - you will soon get sick of pushing little ones up them, they are like mountains! Not dangerous (step ups and a shallow double) just big.

There are 2 skate parks in Maitland itself right near each other, off the main street. One has a really steep half pipe, but has a very small snake run that might be fun for little kids on BMX's

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Don't. You will feel a little piece of yourself die just by being there.

But if you must, user friendly bmx track at tenambit. Then head to morpeth for a swim in the river.

But better not to go.
Thanks bud......... We won't ... haha

Jeez that's a bit rough! Maitland isn't that bad!

As mentioned above Maitland Tenambit BMX track is about it. Depending on the size of your kids you might need to stick to the 3rd and 4th straights. Jumps on the 2nd straight are big - you will soon get sick of pushing little ones up them, they are like mountains! Not dangerous (step ups and a shallow double) just big.

There are 2 skate parks in Maitland itself right near each other, off the main street. One has a really steep half pipe, but has a very small snake run that might be fun for little kids on BMX's
Thanks for the heads up. Might be a bit much for them.

We've been to the skate parks last time we were there, bit too much and too little if you know what I mean. May just hit up the Wallsend skate park... We'll see how we go with time.

Are there any easy trails/loops around?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I stand by my claim about Maitland. It is as good as the books of similar make. There used to be a few small dirt jumps and tracks in the bush land around Ashtonfield. I haven't been in the area for a long time though.

It is only about a 30 minute drive from Maitland to Glenrock Lagoon. It will fit the bill for family fun for everybody. There is also a bit of trail around Dungog, about 45 minutes the other way. But I have never ridden there so can't give any advice on it. Also give consideration to Mount sugarloaf. There is a bit of a mixed bag there. But be cautious as the trails may deteriorate into sand or erosion and ruts with no warning about 37 seconds after your kids get enough confidence to ride fast. Take some cardboard along for grass sliding and stay for a wood fire bbq at sunset. NOTE: cardboard sliding is specifically banned at Sugarloaf! The council erected a sign saying so.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
I stand by my claim about Maitland. It is as good as the books of similar make. There used to be a few small dirt jumps and tracks in the bush land around Ashtonfield. I haven't been in the area for a long time though.

It is only about a 30 minute drive from Maitland to Glenrock Lagoon. It will fit the bill for family fun for everybody. There is also a bit of trail around Dungog, about 45 minutes the other way. But I have never ridden there so can't give any advice on it. Also give consideration to Mount sugarloaf. There is a bit of a mixed bag there. But be cautious as the trails may deteriorate into sand or erosion and ruts with no warning about 37 seconds after your kids get enough confidence to ride fast. Take some cardboard along for grass sliding and stay for a wood fire bbq at sunset. NOTE: cardboard sliding is specifically banned at Sugarloaf! The council erected a sign saying so.
Thanks Poodle, we'll see how we go with time. Gotta luv the councils eh :)

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
If you're going to Wallsend and want an easy loop there is the bottom half of Jesmond park that is a good fairly flat ride. Does get a little soft in places if riding over to slowly. It's off the sealed bike path leading up to john hunter

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
If you're going to Wallsend and want an easy loop there is the bottom half of Jesmond park that is a good fairly flat ride. Does get a little soft in places if riding over to slowly. It's off the sealed bike path leading up to john hunter
Thanks for that, good to know.

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
Wallsend skatepark tends to get over run by mid morning. Nice park though and good fun just to pump around if its empty

Second the trails at Jesmond. There are some horse paddocks with a clearing next to them just off the cycleway at the roundabout end of the park. If you head up there you will find some trails (some signposted) off to the left hand side. Nothing crazy, nice little single track loops that may have been cut in by motorbikes. Can get a bit sludgy in there when its wet (its rained last couple days, with sunshine in between, so shouldn't be too terrible - change of clothes is never a bad idea at Jesmond though!)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Due to time we ended up checking out Tenambit BMX track. Turns out the kids can ride the whole track(to dad's amazement). The little ones had a ball.... thanks alot fellas :)

btw, nice little track you got there.

Will def have to check out that Jesmond track too next time we're in the area... Thanks again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Due to time we ended up checking out Tenambit BMX track. Turns out the kids can ride the whole track(to dad's amazement). The little ones had a ball.... thanks alot fellas :)

btw, nice little track you got there.

Will def have to check out that Jesmond track too next time we're in the area... Thanks again.
Some big jumps on that A-line! Did you give the rook a work out?

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Some big jumps on that A-line! Did you give the rook a work out?
Unfortunately I was Rookless, had to live vicariously through the kids but just quietly, I was crying on the inside... haha

Jumps? Wot jumps? They're just rollers for this old dog,,, haha