Private Property Pumptopia SE Qld- home pump track build

I'll bring the beers, see you the day my wife allows me a holiday riding the east coast trail circuit.......
Haha deal. You guys have a place to crash here when that day comes, Johnny. We'll turn laps & drink beers to make up for the coffee & Berra ride we didn't have before I repatriated myself back to Qld.

Looks like it has come together very nicely.
Yeah am pretty happy with it so far. Still a few things to square away on it to smooth the flow but all in all I'm pretty happy. When you're cooking along the rhythm line you can comfortably double the banked rollers in the middle.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I think D-man needs a figure 8. 2 monster berms with possible wall ride extensions, a 4 way table top in the middle, a couple of pumps either side, and then he would have some great left over space for landscaping.
You're psychic! I was thinking of building wall rides into the corners actually. And a gap jump using the driveway as the middle...

Please send pics of your wounds once the wifey's flogged you with a wet lettuce for building it beyond the spec you first sold her the idea with

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DMan

Please send pics of your wounds once the wifey's flogged you with a wet lettuce for building it beyond the spec you first sold her the idea with

The trick there is make sure your lady loves mtbing more than you. She wants a rock garden and a drop to practice on. I think it'll be a floggings if I take too long...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The trick there is make sure your lady loves mtbing more than you. She wants a rock garden and a drop to practice on. I think it'll be a floggings if I take too long...
Surely a good flogging is a fitting reward? Time to post an advert for clean fill and bricks!

DMan

Surely a good flogging is a fitting reward? Time to post an advert for clean fill and bricks!
2 weeks until settlement and then it's on. First I need to sort some wooden berms and a down ramp for the gap I'm dropping in on one boundary... Need a working holiday PP? :whistle:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2 weeks until settlement and then it's on. First I need to sort some wooden berms and a down ramp for the gap I'm dropping in on one boundary... Need a working holiday PP? :whistle:
I'm pretty good with a shovel, useless with a maddock. I'm good with a nail gun, useless with a hammer...

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Looks great, it will flow twice as fast once it compacts.
a heap of digging ,did you use a machine at all, where is burntown ? Marysville .
BTW its a mattock.

Looks great, it will flow twice as fast once it compacts.
a heap of digging ,did you use a machine at all, where is burntown ? Marysville .
BTW its a mattock.
Burntown: Melbourne

The neighbour had a chap with a positrack (tracked bobcat) & small excavator working on his property so went over & bartered for an hour of his time. Had him cut out the hillside face for ine of the berms then had him dig a 5m wide x 1.5m deep tapered pit inside said berm for all of the drainage. The relocation of the dirt was done by hand but it was a massive bonus to be able to get a machine to do the heavy digging.

With all the rain that has been falling, at this rate I'll be needing to install a pool fence.

This hole inside the back berm is 1.4m deep!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That is a lot of water. Have you considered a well? Not as necessary at home as in the forest, but handy for wetting down the track when it dries up etc and a good direction for drainage.

Thankfully there's no need fr a well etc as to the left of frame (6m away) there's a creek that runs year round. All I do is drop a filtered hose line in the creek, connect it to my small petrol fire pump & can wet the track down as needed. Reworking the drainage for these near biblical rainfall occasions is something I do need to consider though!

Thankfully there's no need fr a well etc as to the left of frame (6m away) there's a creek that runs year round. All I do is drop a filtered hose line in the creek, connect it to my small petrol fire pump & can wet the track down as needed. Reworking the drainage for these near biblical rainfall occasions is something I do need to consider though!

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
With all the rain that has been falling, at this rate I'll be needing to install a pool fence.

This hole inside the back berm is 1.4m deep!

Chuck a bypass pipe in there... find the lowest point in the middle(doesn't have to be the middle, could be the end,, depends on the lay of the land) of the pump track or create a lowest point then put a bypass pipe there,, if you want to go nutz 100mm will move alot of water. The only issue is to place that pipe carefully taking into consideration crashes... but if it's on your property you could just walk down there and chuck a siphon in it when it rains lots. This will take care of the safety issue.

Also, you can slope or bowl the valleys of the rollers so the water move off the track. You won't even feel it when you ride it.

Just my 2 cents