Push HC97 vs RC2

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi 'burners,

I'm hoping someone has experience with these. I fancy replacing the RC damper in one of my Lyrik forks and am considering the Push HC97 or the standard RC2.

Anyone have any experience of the Push option and how it compares?

It looks pretty involved, but I wonder if it's THAT much better than the RC2. Will it need servicing more often?

Anything else I should look at or consider?
I'm 100kgs and it's going on the Paradox.

Thanks!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Haven't tried the HC97, but the experience I've had with their shocks would indicate they're pretty much the best in the business. I would be very, very surprised if their fork upgrades weren't superlative factories.

Buy it. Go on.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I put the RC2 damper in my Lyrik and have the Push ACS3 coil conversion in it. The RC2 damper is very good but I am maxed out on one of the compression adjustments. I can’t remember which one and I can’t remember if it’s maximum or minimum but it’s at its limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I remember doing some research into it, pretty much just provides a much larger and finer range of control over damping circuits. If you're the type of rider to notice the difference in one or two clicks difference in settings & like having the fork set up perfectly, probably a worthy upgrade. Same again for if you find yourself hard up at the end of the range for rebound/compression settings, should give a much greater range & wiggle room either end (or you could just get the existing damper reshimmed to same effect).

If you find a setting that works well on the RC2 and are happy to just set & forget, probably not going to notice enough of a difference to make the (fairly hefty) cost of the HC97 worth it. My 2c at least.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I certainly notice the difference on my Fox X2 Factory shocks.

I've had the RC Pike and noticed it, less so on my RC2 Lyrik but I've had limited riding opportunities of late.

Was thinking of replacing the stock RC damper for either of these options. If I go RC2 complete I could at least sell the RC damper if I was so motivated but that's a minor concern. Push does seem very comprehensive.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate I don't have experience with the HC97 but I have plenty with Push in general. I can say their stuff is bomb proof and lives up to the hype. I have the first ElevenSix that came into the country. Had it since late 2016 I think. It's been on two bikes and still going strong. It's awesome. It is now on my Evil Wreckoning and I have paired it with an ACS3 upgraded Fox 36.

Whenever anyone says "yeah but it's a lot of money" (and it is a lot) I suggest thinking of it this way. The forks on your bike are built and tuned for you, me or any other bloke the right size to get on and ride. The big 2 generally do this pretty well in my opinion. But here you have the chance to really tune your bike for YOU. It will be tuned to the way your bike works (generally more important on the rear end) and you will have the ability to dial it in to exactly the way you like it which often is not the case with factory tuned suspension. That's not to say you can't achieve it for those about to spin up.

I've seen a number of my mates go from factory to bespoke lately and they all say the same thing. That ignorance is bliss, they had no idea their bike could feel so dialed in. So for my 2 cents I would say don't write the HC97 of based on cost alone. From what I know of Push their gear is first rate and will be a real upgrade that will last you a long time and will noticeably change the performance of your bike.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, I am impressed with what they're doing. It's going on a hardtail so it's going to make a decent amount of difference. I even find the stock RC2 damper in my other Lyrik a little disappointing...