Push Runs near Melbourne

scottlikesbeer

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Just got my bike up and running, after a few years overseas, and am keen to hit up some proper DH runs this Sunday somewhere near Melbourne... I used to live in Sydney so know everywhere up there to ride, but not sure about down here.

Is there anywhere that I can ride a decent track and push to the top near Melbourne, I am on the east side. The Mrs has to work Sunday so I get time off, but won't have a driver to get me back to the top once I drive to the track!!!

Thanks!

Scott

scottlikesbeer

Likes Dirt
Yep, thats one of the places I keep reading about on here and see that there will be a national round there too.

Is it possible to push runs there or is it pretty much drive to the top only... Not sure I can ride a 10.5" Travel DH rig to the top!

Guess I will just push sections and do a mission push at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Scott

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The push up at the you yangs isnt that bad at all (as good as walking up hill could be). Walking is the only way up at Youies. Although, they quite often have ride days there where you will be driven to the top. :)

scottlikesbeer

Likes Dirt
Looks like Bandages or GMBC will be the ones of choice based on the website. Do people push back up or around the XC trails and roads?

Cheers,

Scott

scottlikesbeer

Likes Dirt
Are there good DH tracks up there?

I was overseas when the fires hit so haven't ridden there before/after...

Its actually quicker from where I am to head to the You Yangs, but I'll keep them in mind for future adventures!

Mount Beauty is where I will mostly ride, but living in Melb temporarily so need to get some runs in!

Scott

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Yes Kinglake is open I think, was there the other weekend and it's really good. Can't comment on the bottom sections though.
You Yangs has a dedicated walk-up track for the downhill trails so I think it's best to use that but for riding Cressy I find the road easiest.