VIC Pushy's 6 Hour - Albury, 30 June - Vic Enduro Series Rd 5 - ENTRIES NOW OPEN

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce that Albury Wodonga Mountain Bikers will once again be hosting Rd 5 of the 2011 Vic Enduro Series, the Pushy's 6 Hour Enduro. Pushy's have partnered with Giant Bicycles Australia, JetBlack, Serfas, Bellwether, Finish Line Lubricants and Aussie Butt Cream.

Race day is Saturday 30 June, and we'll be racing on a very similar course to 2011. Yes - the fireroad climb is still in - but this means that yes, so is that ripping descent!

Giant Bicycles Australia have come to the party once again, and have donated a 2012 Giant Anthem 29r X1 as the major prize for the day. To be eligible to win, all you need to do is enter the event online, and be present at the Race Presentations!

JetBlack have also kindly donated a set of Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Wheels, in either 26 or 29 inch, which we will be raffling off on the day to raise money for AWMTB's Trail Fund. Every race entrant will automatically get a ticket for this prize, and additional tickets will be available for $5 per ticket, which can be purchased with your online entry. You've got to be in it to win it - so please dig deep, buy a couple of extra tickets, and know that every cent is going towards building new trails for the whole community!

So - what are you waiting for? Enter online now at https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1050, and we'll see you at Nail Can on June 30!

Pushys[Email].jpg

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bumping this one back up the list.

Have you entered yet? Everything's coming together just nicely, good entry numbers, great course conditions, coffee van pimped and ready to go...

Hope to see you up here!

railit1

Likes Bikes
G'day leftieant
Just wondering about parking/site set-up. Will there be an area to park and set up a shelter for me to die under while my team mate is off doing his lap? Is it the same start finish area as last years Rambo?
Ta

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plenty of room mate - we'll be running the same transition setup as last year - popups on the side of the firetrail and the main Event Centre will be on the flat area below the water tank.

We had 220 riders last year with this setup and it worked really well.

railit1

Likes Bikes
Plenty of room mate - we'll be running the same transition setup as last year - popups on the side of the firetrail and the main Event Centre will be on the flat area below the water tank.

We had 220 riders last year with this setup and it worked really well.
Thanks mate, looking forward to it

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bumpity bump.

Entries close at 8pm THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT (27 June). Online entries open at https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1050

Remember - online entry is cheaper (price goes up to $70 for on the day entries) and entering online gets you into the draw for the 2012 Anthem 29r X1 (prize thanks to Pushy's Bike Warehouse and Giant Bicycles Australia).

Get on board - see you this weekend!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A reminder - entries closing at 8pm TOMORROW (Wednesday) night.

Entry numbers looking good, great to see some strong names and repeat offenders entering!

Coffee van and caterers got a test run at VSCC event last weekend (I can vouch for the quality of both - especially the bacon & egg rolls), and we just took delivery of a stack of wood for the fire bucket, so you'll be nice and toasty warm between laps.

Enter online at https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1050

See you Saturday!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We'll get one posted after entries close tomorrow night. Le Matelot is timing, so he'll no doubt be all over it.

But, fair to say Courtenay - you've got some competition!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I cant register

I have been trying to register and it keeps telling me "There is no user record matching the Membership Number and Password you entered. Please check these details and try again"

I have reset my MTBA password and logged into there web site ok, but I can't get past the participant type page of rego. Help!

Edit; Done. I had to reset my password 3 times from different web sites and finally got in. I found the rego system very tedious.
EntryZone FTW!

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
I have hardly had an issue with entry zone. They are awesome! Can't say the same for register now. No Pay Pal. What's the go with that?

Anyways, good luck to all who are racing.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to Russ, entry lists are attached.

To those that have entered - thank you - a rider brief will be emailed out today.

If you haven't yet entered - we will be taking 'On The Day' entries at Pushy's (477 Young St, Albury) on Friday between 12pm and 7pm, and on the morning of the race between 7am and 930am. If you intend on entering on the Sat morning, please get there earlier rather than later, and hopefully we can avoid the 9:29am scramble. As I've said in the rider brief, please don't expect to roll up at 9:15am, get the perfect park and campsite, and enter, because it is highly unlikely to happen!

Re: weather - pfft, who knows! Looks like there is some forecast today and tomorrow (although looking out the window at a perfect bluebird day, it is hard to imagine) - our tracks drain very well after rain, so nothing in the next couple of days will affect the rideability of the track. As to Sat, it really depends which forecast you look at - we might get a sprinkle or two but I doubt any sustained showers. Just enough to give you that hero dirt that everyone loves!

See you all on Sat - it's going to be an absolute ripper.

Attachments

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brand?

In Maxxis, popular choice is Rendez/Ignitor front, Crossmark/Larsen rear, or Ikons.

No need for acres of tread, just something with a bit of bite.

johndh

Likes Dirt
Continental race king rear and specialized fast track front okay, or need something with more grip?
Forecast is for 50% chance for 5 - 10 mm of rain.

paulb

Likes Dirt
I've ridden with Mountain King 2.2 Front and Race King 2.2 rear which is ok - basically the Conti equivalent of Ignitor/Larsen. Be a bit worried about the Race King if it does get wet (but haven't really tried it in the rain). No experience of FastTrak.

I've just done a lap on a SS hardtail with 2.25 Ardent Front /2.35 Vertical Pro Rear and think we still have enough rocks that a tyre with more volume is worthwhile, especially if you're not so whippety. There's plenty of pinch flat opportunities on smaller volume tyres, particularly on a hard tail or with tubes.

That said my Anthem has Ignitor 2.1/Larsen 2.0 on it and I don't expect to change them for the race.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider brief has just been emailed out for all the pre-entries.

If you'd like to ride, we're taking on the day entries on Friday at Pushy's Bike Warehouse (477 Young St, Albury) between 12pm and 7pm, or at the Event Centre on Saturday between 700am and 930am. Event Centre is located at the southern end of Range Rd, Glenroy (off Logan Rd, Glenroy).

Each rider will need to sign a Race Waiver (attached), and On The Day entries will also need to complete a manual entry form (attached).

Copy of the full rider brief also attached.

See you Sat!

Attachments