PUSHY'S 6 HOUR ENDURO - Vic Enduro Series Round 5 - Albury - ENTRIES NOW OPEN

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Entries are NOW OPEN for the Pushy's 6 Hour Enduro - Nail Can Hill, Albury. This race is Round 5 of the Goldcross Cycles Victorian Endurance Series, and will be held on Sat 25 June 2011.

You can enter via https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=681

Online entries are $50 plus $20 for MTBA licence. In-person entries will be accepted on the Friday and Sat morning, however will be $65 plus $20 for MTBA licence. Save yourself $15 and enter online!

And as an extra incentive to enter online, our major sponsors PUSHY'S ALBURY and Giant Bicycles are offering a major spot prize of a 2011 model Giant Anthem X3.

This major prize will be drawn at the Presentations. To be eligible to win, you need to have entered online, and be present at Presentations. Thanks to Pushy's for their support!

More details are available on the RegisterNow link above, and more information will be posted in this thread as we approach race day.

This race was a cracker last year - and this year is going to be even better!

Last edited:

softek

Likes Dirt
Whats the track like?

Hi guys, just wondering whats the track like, is there heaps of rocks like bendigo? or are the trails smooth and flowing

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will be a bit of a mixed bag mate - a little bit of everything.

We're putting a heap of work into the tracks at the moment and will be putting our best foot forward.

Timbers

Likes Dirt
How much climbing? compared to Bendigo or Beechworth? thinking single ring, havnt hit the front shifter in three races.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As it stands, about 180 metres over about 8km. We're looking at a possible track extension at the moment which will add a touch more climbing but add a couple more km into the loop.

Plenty of guys here riding single ring - 28t on the front seems to be a popular choice. In fact, one of our club guys podiumed last year riding a single ring. Certainly do-able!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This vid is not of the actual race course, but does give a pretty good cross-section of what our tracks are like. Probably half of the trails shown in here will be in the race loop.

[video=youtube;MleBH-T3N2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MleBH-T3N2w[/video]

adaib

Likes Dirt
In regards to the climbing. Would you say that Nail Can Hill will be harder than Mt Beauty, or easier. Keeping in mind that most of the Mt Beauty climbing was done in the first half of the course and this one is slightly more spread out

akashra

Eats Squid
WTF, too hard? Oh come on. IN 2008 we raced a harder Mt Beauty track in 38 degree heat.
It's not supposed to be easy, though having variety in the tracks is only a good thing rather than them all being the same, which is why Nail Can Hill and Blores Hill will stand out.

Edit: And off the top of my head (I can look it up if you want accurate numbers) but I think it's something like 160vm vs 220vm/lap.

Last edited:

leithel

Likes Bikes
Looks like I'll be entering a team. Will be second race. Did the Gravity 12hour last year as my first ever race. Didn't enjoy the Gravity track too much.