PX zebdi - evil eye blue

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
heres just a little teaser of my new bike so far...

specs are: (or will be real soon)
Frame- Planet x Zebdi mk4
Tyres- IRC backcountry 2.3, michy wildgripper 2.1
Forks- RS duke XC u-turn
Brakes- deore hydro rear, shimano brm-474 front
Der. - deore
cranks - Truvatix firex
Stem - Titec big al
H/bars - Titec hell bent DH
Saddle - Titec Beserker....very uncomfortable saddle
Rims - D521 front and Back
Hubs - Formua back, deore front

some stuff still needs to be built up, like my front wheel, most parts are swapped off my old Raceline Enduro. more pics when she's fully built and im not ashamed to show my temporay front wheel.

G

Very Sexy, i'll have to join all you boys for a ride and you can see my pimp mobile /me shakes chains

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha i love it :p , and the colour thats sooooooooooooo (notice the numerous ooos to emphaisise the point) sexy!
cant wait for the full pics!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
ok, first of all. im not gettign a rear v-brake, maybe some maguras hs33's. at the moment the deore is plenty good for what im doing. good power and feel.
the bike rides like a dream. it is so easy to flick off stuff, gap to stuff and jump over stuff. before i could never get 180 bunny hops, now i can. to me it dosent feel twitchy at speed either, i havent gone much above 40kmh on it though. the duke is a sweet fork witht eh variable travel and does slacken it out a bit. but at 68mm the angles are still pretty steep.

hres a picture of the whole bike.

im waiting on some parts from shimano before i can build up my 521 for the front, and yes im aware that is a mungo bashring. it was cut to fit over a 44tooth chain ring.

i'll post osme more piccys later and a bit of a review if i can pry my slef off the bike for long enough.

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'd get rid of the formula hub on the rear , if the hub body goes, i think the hole hub is farked

Adi

It's my birthday!
Heaps nice Ash! That bike will end up pimpin'! Gotta love the colour of the frame!

When should the bike be finished by?

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
the stem is just right for me. it puts me right over the front hub when im pivoting, and a little past it for when i really need to flcik it round.
I would replace the formula hub but at the moment its doing pretty good for itself. i took it apart at work and replaced the cones and bearings and its still running smooth. when it dies i will get a better one.
i love the colour, its so unique to other bikes around and looks really good too. im so scared of scratching it :cry:
this bike lets me do stuff i previoulsy though impossible, i can hop up stuff so much higher now and 90degree stationary hops are a breeze. backhops go for ever now, i dont even try and i've given up counting my record now, i'll be here all day. im still gettng used to it, but the TT length is roughly the same as my old XC bike. i reckont he DUKE is a perfect Sus. fork to complement this bike. so far i cant pick any faults with the frame, just that i stacked it bad onto my back because i gapped too far. its just that easy. i'm going to bali on friday but when i get back i'll post some pics of it in action and fully built up. cheers for all the good comments guys

ASH

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*cough* get rigid forks, rear vee brake (dont get a maggie on non maggie mounts, unless you wait for the new and improved maggie to come out)*cough*

jsut checking that you know that is a trials bike? just making sure...

i wouldnt trust disc's on the back of that, i ahve a cpl of american friends that tore their disc mounts off, they werent riding trials on em, they were just riding park and stuff...

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
monkeymagic said:
jsut checking that you know that is a trials bike? just making sure...
yeh pal, i know its a trials bike, i wouldnt spend this much money and not do my research, im not a brand whore. i ride a quite a bit of trials, but i set it up for some park and urban as well. i would put a set of good v's on the back, but i just got my deore brake and im really loving it. plus i rode for 1.5 years of trials and 'other' with a rear disc on my XC bike and it has smaller tabs and is still fine to this day. so i dont think i will break these too soon....touch wood. i dont believe all this clap trap aobut rear tabs breaking, its never happend to anyone i know, as far as i can see its just an internet myth to scare people. im not doubting your yank friends or you, just im always weary of what i read on the net.

rigid has crossed my mind, i will look into it if i change to full trials set up.

i'll post a vid later on off me on this bike.

ASH out...