Qld- Nerang trail status

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think the bridges these days need to comply with being able to survive for a set number of years. That's why they use those concrete culverts in a lot of places.
Yeah, I don't know if you could get them in the locations without a helicopter, the trail is really steep and narrow in some sections.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is what it looks like when established trail is destroyed to protect the environment. It's also what QPWS's backside (of Nerang) looks like. Norco Flow today. This was a DH trail/jump line with heritage. Now it's a pile of loose dirt that will wash off into the headwaters of Mooyumbin Creek
You should report it to the EPA department and ask for a follow up. Farmers and developers get their arses kicked for that big time.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should report it to the EPA department and ask for a follow up. Farmers and developers get their arses kicked for that big time.
Yes, but farmers aren't the QPWS with a self-imposed, individually-unaccountable mandate to do whatever they want (mainly SFA) with crown land despite it belonging to us, not them.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So in the last day or so, high up a tree, they posted a trail closed sign at the end of Never Ending Story opposite terminator. That covers the start of not just NES, but GGs, Catch Me If You Can, Raptor, Lost World, Pandora, Avatar, Super Loop, the far end of Terminator and have I left anything out? A week ago QPWS agreed to hold the closure of all trails other than Whimps and Norco Flow (RIP). The local state member and GC MTB club were assured of it. We are dealing with perpetual liars.

Get ready to protest on the trails and if anyone on here can get to that sign with a gorilla suit, shears, ladder, Go Pro and a large alternate sign that says "Fuck you - You Get What You Asked For", please do your thing.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Hopefully they sanction a few but ones around sensitive flora and fauna to be closed still. My guess is that's Lost World and NES unfortunately.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Does that mean now they've destroyed a coupla mill worth of trail, they'll put 10% back into it?

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Yeah, bit of a contentious issue, it's just the usual bureaucratic BS from Parks, there's a big quarry with a rock crushing plant right in the middle of the park with a 100 year lease, and they worry about a few MTB trails.
Hopefully they sanction a few but ones around sensitive flora and fauna to be closed still. My guess is that's Lost World and NES unfortunately.
It will be a shame to lose those trails.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Seems like a bit of dialogue between GCMTB and QPWS recently to agree on a plan. There is a survey out now to get people's thoughts