[QLD] The Gap DJ pump track walton bridge reserve

kingkong77

Cannon Fodder
Hello guys

There is a little dirt jump / pump track at the gap, on Payne Road.

its sort of in a shitty state and i feel like rebuilding it into a more flowing pump track/DJ.

i am just getting into MTB, so i would really appreciate some help / plans on how to make it better!

i have attached a pic of the park, if anyone has any suggestions on where to add additional rollers how tall they should be etc etc, it would be much appreciated!

Screen shot 2011-04-14 at 3.02.03 AM.jpg

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
have you actually ridden it? ..... its built for kiddies on their kmart bmx bikes

i tried have tried on my dj and its fairly useless

plus i have a big feeling that you will have a hard time digging there

you would have a better time building at blue nurse jumps which are just down the road

haydo

Likes Dirt
D'Aguilar Range Cycling Club (DRCC) has just been awarded a grant to do upgrades to Blue Nurses (and Walton Bridge I think). Work will commence in Late May, so maybe leave your shovels at home for the moment.
More info will be up on www.mtbdrcc.com in the coming weeks.

trailblazinBros

Likes Dirt
proposed blue nurses upgrade

a picture speaks a thousand words so here is a picture of the plans

construction starts next week !!!!!

Pinner

Likes Dirt
Regarding the height of rollers. I find that taller rollers ore better for slow speed sections (as long as they aren't too tall) and smaller rollers for faster sections. Small rollers should be anyw'here from 25-50cm and taller rollers between 50-75cm. However it is all dependant on the landscape. Keeping in mind that all rollers, no matter how big, long etc. they should all have a steeper backside in comparison to the frontside. Hope i could help.