Questions which will never have an answer...

bananas

Squid
no, i meant something else to that, i wasnt claiming it mine, i was saying that i use the saying a a lot ( kinda my catchphrase....kinda)

all that stuff about the bullet actually makes sense to me
lol

but what would happen if you were like in an open cockpit (theoretically) and you thew a bullet, up into the air from the plane doing 3000kms and you threw it well enough so it came back down and hit you, what would happen to you?
- i know it would be impossible but it made me think

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but what would happen if you were like in an open cockpit (theoretically) and you thew a bullet, up into the air from the plane doing 3000kms and you threw it well enough so it came back down and hit you, what would happen to you?
Edit. I'm wrong.

Though an open cockpit at 2.8ish mach? I think not! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tallman

Likes Dirt
no, i meant something else to that, i wasnt claiming it mine, i was saying that i use the saying a a lot ( kinda my catchphrase....kinda)

all that stuff about the bullet actually makes sense to me
lol

Pretty sure it'd just be like if you throw a ball in the air whilst in a car - it comes straight back down. Since the object that you're throwing (in this case, the bullet) will have the same horizontal velocity as you in your plane, and you are giving it its vertical velocity by throwing it, the bullet would not hurt you...well it might bump you on the head which may hurt a little, but it won't be like getting shot with it!

Staunch

Eats Squid
Why they employ Indian telemarketers/door-to-door sales people to try and sell you stuff when you can't even understand a word they're saying in the first place.....
I'm not saying you can't understand all Indian people but with the few telemarketers/door-to-door sales people I've encountered I've had no idea what the hell they've been talking about.......something about selling me insulated ceiling heating for $1600 because my house is old????

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Why they employ Indian telemarketers/door-to-door sales people to try and sell you stuff when you can't even understand a word they're saying in the first place.....
I'm not saying you can't understand all Indian people but with the few telemarketers/door-to-door sales people I've encountered I've had no idea what the hell they've been talking about.......something about selling me insulated ceiling heating for $1600 because my house is old????
Because we all think that sort of work is beneath us.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Because some can be freaking good. I still remain friends with a Punjabi bloke I met while selling Austar last summer, and he was doing quite well for himself, especially being an international student at the time. He is doing his advanced MBA in marketing and international business though.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Suppose there were three wheels of equal size, rotating on the same axis, one point marked on the circumference of each wheel, and these three points lined up in one straight line. If the second wheel rotated twice as fast as the first, and if the speed of the third wheel was 1/π of the speed of the first how long would it take before all the dots lined up again?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Suppose there were three wheels of equal size, rotating on the same axis, one point marked on the circumference of each wheel, and these three points lined up in one straight line. If the second wheel rotated twice as fast as the first, and if the speed of the third wheel was 1/π of the speed of the first how long would it take before all the dots lined up again?
n units of distance/time?

Edit: Oh yeah, correct me if im wrong but dont fighter pilots have air supplies via their masks?

joshrides

Likes Dirt
The correct answer was "Do I know what rhetorical means?!"
A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply (ex: "Why me?")[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (Often obvious) answer to the question must be. When a speaker states, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?", no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something.

Make it happen!
And yes,+1 to the facepalm smilie.