Rabbits 2021 S-works Enduro

goobags

Likes Dirt
Nicely done, pipped you by one spot ;) did you race Saturday or Sunday?

That hill sucks ass.... my first time there and I am in no hurry to push up it again.
My two mates were the next two above you and I beat them without rear suspension haha. That push was ridiculous, particularly when the trees stopped providing any form of shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangals

Likes Dirt
My two mates were the next two above you and I beat them without rear suspension haha. That push was ridiculous, particularly when the trees stopped providing any form of shade.
Nice - I was happy enough with mine considering I had never been there before. Nice job for doing it on a hardtail.

That and my added covid kg's stopped me from pushing up any more times to try and better my times.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Nice - I was happy enough with mine considering I had never been there before. Nice job for doing it on a hardtail.

That and my added covid kg's stopped me from pushing up any more times to try and better my times.
Just stirring mate, one perk of a hardtail is that it’s lighter to push up

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most importantly, how did you paint the coil and why did you bigger the first attempt up? The white progressive springs are a very bad colour choice.
I tried to get a shop to match the gold of the frame decals in a spray pack paint but it appears they just mixed 99 parts pearl and 1 part gold, worst colour match ever. So in the end just went for black using an automotive spray can paint. Worked well enough :)

Speaking of fail, Slik Graphics must be under the pump, ive had my order in to them for close to a month, I've made a few special requests after placing said order that no doubt have slowed the process, but it doesnt help when they take a week to respond to my emails.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, a few minor updates.
Switched from Saints to Magura MT7's and am stoked :) Maguras have a much more consistent feel and havent noticed any power loss, although still yet to give them a proper lift access weekend of abuse.
Raced the Stromlo enduro race on the weekend, holy shite, not in any rush to do that again! Totally cooked me, pushing bikes up fire roads in the blazing sun Saturday and Sunday got old pretty quick. Had to stop for my mate who winded himself on stage 3 and just tried keep it nice and clean for the rest of the runs (despite smashing my bash guard) as I'm off to Maydena tomorrow!
Overall really enjoying the Enduro, love the swat box and the frame feels super sturdy.
Giving the air shock a run to see if it makes the bike a bit more poppy, not convinced yet.

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haven’t been out much the last few weeks but did a little jaunt up MtOvens, nice little lookout back over Bathurst. Probably not a bad place for a little bike park.
Bike still impresses, fantastic small bump and pedals along just fine :)
Loving the Magura MT7s, heaps of power with non of the inconsistencies of the Saints. Wouldn’t mind a bit better small bump compliance from the Lyrik, a EXT era might fix this, but it def won’t fix my bank account. Wish they put a helper spring on all forks like they do the EXT and some other brands.
Aside from that, the bike 100% rips, need to get back to some proper trails and let it loose.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a lot, but there are some, and there is a bit of chunk to be had. Having said that Mt Canob at orange is still the go, hopefully they get the green light for the MTB park.
If you have an Ebike you could just follow the moto trails at Ovens, but I dont think it would be much fun on a non ebike.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So this happened yesterday.
Picked it up used from a friend of a friend, only done a carpark test but it feels terrible with EXTs suggested settings and I’m pretty sure it has a creak :(
Will post my findings as it’ll get a workout over the Xmas break as my partner and I are doing a mtb road trip….COVID restrictions allowing it of course.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
So this happened yesterday.
Picked it up used from a friend of a friend, only done a carpark test but it feels terrible with EXTs suggested settings and I’m pretty sure it has a creak :(
Will post my findings as it’ll get a workout over the Xmas break as my partner and I are doing a mtb road trip….COVID restrictions allowing it of course.
View attachment 383962
They are a great fork when they are functioning well. Mine had issues with the bushings so was returned and I didn’t get any more time on it. The new V2 mods look to have sorted all the issues though.
Does the creak sound like a CSU or is it an internal noise?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Long time no updatey, still loving this bike.

Sadly it looks like it might of fallen victim to the dreaded enduro cracked headset cup that has plagued many an owner.

Warranty request in the works right meow. Not a fan of the current Sworks frame colour, hopefully there is another option, but I doubt it.