Rabbits Yeti SB150

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frame: Yeti SB150 Large
Rear shock: Fox X2 (will switch to DHX2)
Fork: Borrowed Lyriks for now, will be Fox 36 with coil conversion
Handlebars: Enve 800mm
Stem: Enve 40mm
Headset: Canecreek
Grips: Rev Grips
Saddle: Chinese Carbon ass killer
Seatpost: KS Carbon 175mm
Brakeset: Shimano Saint, 203 Rotors
Cranks: Sram X01
Chainguide: Shovel Carbon
Chainring: Absolute Black 32t
Chain: KMC 11SL DLC Black
Cassette: X01 11sp
Shifter: XX1
Derailleur: XX1
Wheelset: LB Recon Pro 38mm Carbon rim, 350 hubs, 54t Ratchet
Tyres: DHF 2.5, Aggressor 2.3
Pedals: Xpedo Spry, but, I’m not going to lie, I’ve bought some Carbon flat pedals....they aren’t here yet, and I’m not sure I’m game to put them on when they do turn up......

Heya team,
So, didnt really see myself getting a Yeti, but that’s how the chips have fallen, pretty damn stoked on it but! I am curious coming from a rock solid Santa Cruz to see how the Yeti holds up, but my mates have SB150’s and they are trouble free so far, so here’s hoping...

Looks awesome in the flesh, I’ve had to order some Fox 36 29er lowers from overseas, when they turn up I think I’ll get them painted the same orange as the frame. Off to Thredbo for the weekend, wish my Invsiframe had turned up in time :(

Nearly all parts have come off my Nomad 4, wheels were the main change needed. But added new chain, chain ring and derailleur to give it that fresh feeling.

I’ll get some better photos on the weekend.

Cheers,
Ben

F5E01380-FB38-4BC7-B9E7-ABE4A530D7FE.jpeg

E494F3F1-14A6-49EF-9F56-3A7852B8BEFA.jpeg

3AD73235-75D0-4C52-8876-4E88D0AA4785.jpeg

FCEEE04B-357E-450D-9CDA-97A7C68AE577.jpeg

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll get a weight today whilst my LBS runs a rear brake line for me.
At a guess I’ll be adding the best part of a KG when I put the coils back on but.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Cool.

What's it weigh, hoppity?
The new Yeti's are not svelth. I've just build up an SB130 for a mate with XTR, Saint brakes, renthal carbon cockpit, X2 shock and minions F&R. It tipped in at 14.2kg with pedals.

My 130 weighs over 15kgs, but that's with a DHX2 coil and a Fox 36 smashpot so that's not normal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Duh, I could of weighed the SB150 and Nomad frames then and there, must of been too excite to think clearly.

I’m thinking about dropping the smashpot and going ACS-3 as I don’t need the ability to run 180mm, which was the main reason I went Smashpot. From what i understand there might be a 200-300g saving going the push route.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Looks great Ben, I genuinely hope you’re not one of the few unlucky ones to have problems with it. In those bare frame photos is that a piece of wood between the rear dropouts for transport? Assuming it came with a rear axle supplied loose too?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Duh, I could of weighed the SB150 and Nomad frames then and there, must of been too excite to think clearly.

I’m thinking about dropping the smashpot and going ACS-3 as I don’t need the ability to run 180mm, which was the main reason I went Smashpot. From what i understand there might be a 200-300g saving going the push route.
Smashpot for me is ideal, I can change between fork travel heights, and the hydraulic bottom out control is so easy to adjust on the trail. That said, I never tried the ACS3.
I know the spring appears to be shorter in the ACS3, and if it uses less oil then you could see significant weight saving.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Smashpot for me is ideal, I can change between fork travel heights, and the hydraulic bottom out control is so easy to adjust on the trail. That said, I never tried the ACS3.
I know the spring appears to be shorter in the ACS3, and if it uses less oil then you could see significant weight saving.
Yeah, I ran the Smashpot with no bottom out resistance and it felt perfect, so I'd probably run the ACS the same way and not worry about pumping up the pumpy thingo.

@B Rabbit, any reason you went off the MRP Ribbon Coil?
I just picked one up for my new project, and although it's yet to have any riding (still waiting on parts to complete), it's a beautiful bit of kit and seems to feel pretty good in the hands and just pushing it in the driveway.
Just a change "because" or did you have a preference or reason to step away after that trial?
I really liked the MRP, I like it being something different to usual RS and Fox. I do think they (MRP) could benefit from some more spring weights, and I did find it a bit more stictiony compared to the coil in my 36. Overall it was 1000% times better then the gen 1 Pike it replaced, but I prefer the 36 with a coil conversion. Man reason i swapped was Orange, and 180mm, but turns out I never used the full 180 so it was overkill for lame ass speed and skill level.
Wow, nice one. Will look out for you at Thredbo this weekend! Looks cold...and maybe a bit wet on Sunday! :eek:
Come and say hello, i'll be the guy crying because he didnt order his Invsiframe early enough and now has a scratched up Yeti :rolleyes: I like Thredbo when its damp :)

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Turns out my X2 has some side to side play, just the bushings I think. My LBS already has some replacement ones ready to go so no great drama there. But I don’t think it would cause to much drama if I left it.
I think the other main issue in that thread was a lack of tire clearance for a 2.5 (which it says it can run). I’ve put a 2.3 out the back and it looks fine, might try a 2.5 later on :)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hey @JTmofo - did you mention this here?

I've no doubt that the 130 and 150 have had issues ( my 130 is on its 3rd rear triangle along with DT protector and linkage bolt recall) but that's life. Just because you spend 1/3rd more on a "boutique" brand doesn't take away from the fact that failures happen.
That's pretty bad!

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Sweet rig. I have a few mates smashing these down trails with zero issues.

Judging by the pictured environment, you were incarcerated when you built it?