Rabbits Yeti SB150

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I assumed that was his lost car dissection pit.

Looking forward to your comparison with the Nomad. Hope Thredbo is kind to your downtube !
Haha, yeah, I do have a habit of removing cats limbs! Mind you the kitten I’ve got has all limbs attached.....for now.

First day on the SB150, felt good on the jumps, not as smooth on the DH as the Nomad, but that’s comparing a 180mm coil bike to a 150mm air shock. My mate used the DHX2 on his SB150 today, not sure I’m getting it back....

So far so good with the SB150 :) looks nice too...

37144ECC-554A-4842-A373-48532FEE784C.jpeg

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, yeah, I do have a habit of removing cats limbs! Mind you the kitten I’ve got has all limbs attached.....for now.

First day on the SB150, felt good on the jumps, not as smooth on the DH as the Nomad, but that’s comparing a 180mm coil bike to a 150mm air shock. My mate used the DHX2 on his SB150 today, not sure I’m getting it back....

So far so good with the SB150 :) looks nice too...

View attachment 352147
I read the posts on some forums about the issues some riders are getting which makes me unsure about ownership, but damn that's a good looking bike. A coil must make it sublime to ride.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jesus Christ dude, I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks and you've got ANOTHER new bike???? You change em almost as much as you change undies!!!!!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heya team,
So small updated. SB150 going good so far, sorta miss the plushness of the Nomad, but maybe some more setup time will fix that. Also just got my coil 36 back on, had to borrow my mates air fork......eewwwwww, air is gross.
SB150 went really good at Thredbo, I’ve never ridden as fast or committed before, not sure if it’s from new bike or just getting better in general.
Had a little misjudgement, that resulted in a fairly significant huck to flat, all good rode it out, got to the bottom, wonder why my water bottle was covered in oil.....cracked the DHX2, and later found a deformed rear rim (not entirely certain that happened at the same time, but wouldn’t surprise me).
Anyway, fox warranted the shock which was awesome and rim cost me $330. But I’ll keep riding on the deformed rim and keep and eye on it, and save the new rim for a proper fuck up.

Also, have a rattle in the frame, going to have to pull it apart and find the source.

No rub so far from the rear wheel, I think I’ve felt a small bit of flex on a couple of occasions, but not 100% sure. Aside from that, this bike feels fast, not sure what it is but it just seems to accelerate out of corners super easy.

A mate had borrowed my DHX2 so it’ll be a few weeks before I get back on. Fork orange doesn’t match the frame orange, might see if I can get a vinyl wrap to match, or maybe just leave it. But def need some better decals then my mate put on....

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jesus Christ dude, I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks and you've got ANOTHER new bike???? You change em almost as much as you change undies!!!!!
Haha, well, I actually had the Nomad for over a year, so thats about normal for me :)

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got some custom 36 decals for the forks, really happy with them. Threw a couple of extra yeti stickers on there that came with the frame, they look a bit busy so might take them off later on. I got the 36 decals from....
https://m.facebook.com/Bearskinsgraphics/

They look great and I will be using him again, nice to have a local option, 2 thumbs up!

Next thing to do is put the DHX2 on when I get back from my mate, considering a custom black orange paint job on the coil to go full matchy matchy......
And off to Canberra this weekend for the the corc enduro, looking forward to it :)

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Nice to have met you out on the trails over the weekend (Stromlo, I was on the black Yeti SB5 with skin walls)
How did you go on race day!?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice to have met you out on the trails over the weekend (Stromlo, I was on the black Yeti SB5 with skin walls)
How did you go on race day!?
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, was good to meet you too! Race went ok, cracked my rear rim on Saturday arvo on a root, ran it with a tube Sunday no worries :) Have since switched it out for a new one.
Just did the CORC round at Stromlo this weekend, pretty hectic tracks, managed to take a wrong turn and ruin a race run, but the timing system failed so actually didnt make a difference.
In other SB150 news, my frame had a mad rattle going on, found a small switch infinity part wasnt fastened in (a spacer) and it was banging around inside the kashima stanction, chipped a tiny bit of carbon thats only visible when the link is out, i'm not too fussed, but still, a bit weird.
Aside from that its going good. Sometimes I miss the plushness of the Nomad.......

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So after lots of shuttling and travelling away to Canberra to ride, I finally got back to my favourite ‘xc’ track, Kinross in Orange. Shit I love this place, just a good mix of climbs and fun descents.
I can’t even comprehend I’m considering selling this frame, it’s off the fucking chain. Climbs so well, descends like a boss, looks hot. Fuck I’m a moron.

Last edited: