Raceline rocket!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
hey all,
Recently built this up using my old Raceline XC frame. goes like a rocket, great fun to ride. SS commuter!
short spec list:
Frame: Raceline Enduro XC
Wheels: Alexrims, Ace-18's
Tyres: Maxxis 26 x 1.25 detonator. (great tyres)
Fork: Manitou Six super (never been used. $100)
Stem: kalloy cheapo
Bars: Bontrager Crow bars (heavy, but nice and wide)
Seatpost: Pro XLT (great for the price)
seat: Bontrager generic
Cranks: Shimano Alivio
Brake: Shimano mech, Brm-475
B/lever: Avid SD7
computer: cateye enduro 8
pedals: cage flats
Grips: velo cheapo's

gear ratio, 42/17. may be a bit low for road cummting, but with my main commute's condition, include a very long hill and head winds...it fits quite nicely.
planned upgrades- stem, pedals to clips, remove chain rings.

let us know what you think, possible upgrades...im looking to shave some weight.

cheers
ASH

Attachments

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
Nice commuter - I like what you've done with turning the rear mech into a tensioner. Why not shop the excess bit of the cage off it to make it that bit lighter? I'm assuming you probably wanna be able to use the mech again...

If you really wanna shave more weight, I'd be looking at a rigid fork - the ones on your bike are pretty heavy, aren't they? And besides... it's not a "true" communter until you've gone fully rigid... ;)

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
gt bikes said:
what kind of riding do you do?
im a trials rider. the raceline is my second bike. just to get to work and uni on. its kinda hard to ride 20km's on a trials bike.

my other bike is a Zebdi mk4, theres a thread floating around, but the pics were lost in the forum swap. if you want i can post some more.

Bodin- i've already chopped the excess bit off the Der, just didnt get round to it before. i'll keep the suspension forks for now, they are heavy, but i prefer them. as for wank/lightness, i replaced the alloy spacers with some funky do carbon ones.

i've also put on a set of shimano 520's, pedals with the plastic flat bit still on, if you know what i mean. it makes so much difference when spinning.

so far all up its cost me the initial cost of the frame 4 years ago. plus $220 for the new bits and pieces and slavalaged bits from work.

ASH