Racing in Albury

juzz

Likes Dirt
I believe there is going to be a local race in Albury, round November. Does anyone have the details and online rego info.

maccas86

Likes Bikes
hey man this is the local club web page www. alburywodongamtb .org .au/

take the spaces out to go to it

cheers maccas

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Yep... the "Bicycle Superstore Albury Downhill" is all go for November 1st.

We've just (i.e. *today*) had the posters approved by sponsors, so they'll be going up around town this w/e and early next week. I'll put them on the club site (and I'll link them here).

Pretty-much the same deal as past races with loads of prizes and give-aways and an emphasis on a fun day for everyone.

The course will be the same as last race: 'Evs', including 'The Castle' (with the wide B-Line across the top)

But once again, we're very limited by transport... we've booked out every DH race we've had (and I really *hate* turning people away on the day), so *please* get your entries in EARLY. Rego forms will be download-able from the club website so you can post them in or from the Bicycle Superstore Albury.

Stay tuned for more details.

Mark.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
It's on Nail Can, but not No More Secrets. By using Ev's as the entrance, we've eliminated the top (pedally) third of No More Secrets and replaced it with a rock garden straight out of the gate that runs into the rock-garden of NMS. Makes the overall track it a bit shorter, but more fun (I expect a podium time on race day will be around 2:45, so there's still value in it).

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
yeah, just one question

i have printed off the rego sheet and filled it out. i was just wondering whats the adress i can post it to or if i can email it to someone?

hope someone can help

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Yep -- post it (with your cheque) to AWMTB, PO Box 61, Albury, NSW, 2640.

(Um... like it says down the bottom of the rego sheet... but I'll admit you *did* have me worried for a moment or two :eek:)

Looking forward to having you there on race day.

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
Yep -- post it (with your cheque) to AWMTB, PO Box 61, Albury, NSW, 2640.

(Um... like it says down the bottom of the rego sheet... but I'll admit you *did* have me worried for a moment or two :eek:)

Looking forward to having you there on race day.
thanks heeps man
cya there :)

Mr_Gareth

Likes Bikes
Looks like a deal Mark! How many people are there looking at being there racing?

Looks like it might be a good one for a first crack. Will just drop the moola into Grant at superstore.

Is it filling fast or do I have a bit of cush?

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Looks like a deal Mark! How many people are there looking at being there racing?

Looks like it might be a good one for a first crack. Will just drop the moola into Grant at superstore.

Is it filling fast or do I have a bit of cush?
We'll cap it at 50 riders, again -- I'd much prefer to have 50 riders having fun rather than take $'s off 70 riders and have them wait all day for shuttles.

It normally takes a week or so for entries and enquiries to start rolling in... but I've had a couple of entries already as well as a bunch of enquiries. There's plenty of spots right now, but I wouldn't leave it too long.

Mr_Gareth

Likes Bikes
Cool as, Im thinking im gunna become a member of the AWMTB club and MTBA after that, is the only way by post? I saw the option for cheque, is just putting cash in the envelope ok? I gotta go tot he superstore on the weekend is Grant only taking race entries or does he handle that stuff as well?

Thanks heaps Mark you the man.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Cool as, Im thinking im gunna become a member of the AWMTB club and MTBA after that, is the only way by post? I saw the option for cheque, is just putting cash in the envelope ok? I gotta go tot he superstore on the weekend is Grant only taking race entries or does he handle that stuff as well?

Thanks heaps Mark you the man.
It'd make sense to join AWMTB and MTB before the race -- you'll save $10 on the race entry for being an AWMTB member and you'll be better insured thru MTBA as opposed to the day license (and you're supporting both local and national mtb'ing). You can do both AWMTB and MTBA on-line in the one transaction, here: MTBA and AWMTB membership. If you don't want to do it online, you'll need to post it or get it to one of the committee (Wed night xc crits have started up, again)

But don't post cash... it has a tendancy to go missing with no trace-ability (and I *think* it's illegal).

The Bicycle Superstore Albury can take entries for the DH, but not AWMTB memberships.