Rack for 29er

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
After recommendations for bike racks.

Getting roof racks from "Santa", so want to get a bike rack while I'm at it.

But I've seen a few post/threads in the wild about problems finding a rack that fits a 29er. Though never a particularly definitive answer.

I have a XL Enduro 29er and the wheelbase is about 130cm.

Anyone have recommendations? What should I look for?

Thanks.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a pair of Yakima High Rollers. They take my XL 29er hardtail and my XL 26 Yeti 575 without issues. Can take wheels from 20"-29".

Quick to load and unload and have a built in cable with lock. Yet to have any issues after 3 years with them.

dmc

Likes Bikes
My yakima front loader takes my Large Enduro 29 no worries at all.

Last edited:

goobags

Likes Dirt
My front loader and a mates Hugh roller are excellent. I put my 14kg Trance with 2.3 tyres on it no worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice guys.

Got a frontloader on order from Anaconda for $196!

They have them on sale atm, plus if you sign up as a member you get an extra $10.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Frontloader is pretty small compared to the Highroller.

Got a Highroller myself, no troubles and holds my 15kg Spitfire and 17kg Makulu no dramas.

Just make sure you get the right mounts for your roof racks.
I had to get the Yakima Mighty Mount 34H to fit the Highroller to my Rhino Rack Vortex bars.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Frontloader is pretty small compared to the Highroller.

Got a Highroller myself, no troubles and holds my 15kg Spitfire and 17kg Makulu no dramas.

Just make sure you get the right mounts for your roof racks.
I had to get the Yakima Mighty Mount 34H to fit the Highroller to my Rhino Rack Vortex bars.
Yeah, the fronloader fits straight to the whispbar crossbars I have ordered. So technically... Everything should fit. Without the need for a hammer. :)