Radio station no sporting news?

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Ok stupid question time, Does anyone know if ABC radio or any radio station in Aus reports on the news without a sporting section? I have been listening to ABC radio but they break every 30 mins or so from the news to report on 15 or 20 minutes worth of sporting news. It wouldnt be so bad if they included cycling into their reports but since its all football im not interested.

I cbf putting podcasts onto my phone at the moment i just want a fequency that i can listen to purely for the news :) anyone know of a good station?

Thanks!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But everybody knows, football is the most important thing in the world!
Hahahaha, i love playing footy for my local club on the weekends, but i get pretty sick of all the News and stuff on the bigger leagues.
Tripple j is good, still got a little of sport, but not anywhere near as much as other stations.

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
Good luck in your search, however being an Australian National sport I'm betting you'll be hard pressed to find a station that doesn't at least sneak a mention in about AFL

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
ABC Newsradio (103.9 in Canberra) is news, National Public Radio (US) or BBC World Service simulcast. It has a bit of sport, mostly soccer. The newsreaders will be on four times an hour during the day, yet manage to sound super enthusiastic and fascinated all the time. Very impressive.

- Joel

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Haha thanks for the replies, i know about Tripple J, I guess i forgot to mention im after news! not the music lol i have music on other devices.

I currently listen to ABC radio and the content is good but during the day they just report on sport too frequently lol

anyway ill keep searching. Cheers

Zam

Likes Dirt
106.7 PBS in Melbourne doesnt report on sport, in fact i dont think i have ever even heard a news report.....

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
106.7 PBS in Melbourne doesnt report on sport, in fact i dont think i have ever even heard a news report.....
They report the news directly from the age in the morning show, but don't have dedicated sport section. They do however report the occasional Casey stoner victory or other breaking sport news. Little to no footy:) that said, the news reports are rubbish...