rain rain go away

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what's wrong with riding in the rain - two birds, one stone - you get a clean bike and a ride
Ever been for a lap round Ourimbah XC in the rain? I think not ... aint no bike cometh out of that forest cleanth, even on the clearest of days.

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahhh yeah ... 20km round Majura and 25km round Sparrow and not a single smudge of dirt ....

laura_spark

Likes Dirt
funny how people come out of the wood work to speak their opinions about the weather but not to offer advice or general discussion ? :confused:
mmm, me thought this was about weather..........perhaps I am incorrect but I failed to notice where you asked for advice. To my eyes you were just making a comment about the rain.

ahhh yeah ... 20km round Majura and 25km round Sparrow and not a single smudge of dirt ....
you're not trying hard enough then.

seriously though I was only trying to make light of the situation not start an online discussion with anyone about the weather or whether or not one can go for a bike ride without getting dirt on their bike.

laura_spark

Likes Dirt
how is a comment like that making light of any situation? You sound like a know it all.
obviously you cannot comprehend a simple jest - that comment was meant in the sense that if your bike isn't dirty after a ride your not trying hard enough - in no way were my comments meant to imply anything other than that.

As for knowing it all, thanks. I wish my boss thought like you.

katt

Cannon Fodder
Pikey... when the rain clears let me know when your next going out to Ourimbah. Just bought a new bike and keen to hit the trails.

Hey Katt, I was so keen to go too and now look gale force winds and sweeping rain! Im having major withdrawls!
I upgraded to a new bike a couple of months ago too... Giant Alias 2009, what did you end up getting?

katt

Cannon Fodder
Finally the sun is out in the Hunter! Hoping to get to Glenrock tonight.

I ended up buying a 2009 Trance 2. I love it so far as its such a big step up from my old bike and a pleasure to ride. Hoping to get off my butt and compete too. Let me know when you wanna go for a ride.

Ace1

Likes Bikes
I hope the 2009 Trance 2 is better than the 2006 one...though I still love her despite her faults :cool:

foxcgirl

Likes Bikes
Since this is about the weather I guess that means I can add something really lame
Whether the weather is hot, whether the weather is not, whatever the weather we'll weather the weather, whether we like it or not.
It only rains when i'm not at work :mad: