Re-found an old passion

Bak3zzz

Squid
Gday guys, my name is Corey, my mates call me Bakes which derives from my last name Baker. (Cool story right).

Anyway, I’m 26 years old and I have recently moved to Cairns, QLD with my young family, which is where I have sparked the great idea to get back into mountain biking after discovering a huge bike culture up here. - (I used to ride downhill in Vic about 8-10 years ago).

So much so, that the other day I went for a walk through Smithfield mountain bike park just to see what all the fuss was about. Of course the idea of getting a new bike excites me after seeing the unreal, well maintained berms, tables and north shore style timber drop offs, but due to being in the process of building our first home, buying a new bike may be a bit of a poor decision until the house is built.

Not really sure why I’m writing this but I thought I’d introduce myself here and say Gday and hope to perhaps meet some like minded people here too.
I work in the mines so I’m not home a great deal. But I would love to spend my free time tackling the tracks that surround the Cairns area. I’ll be looking at an enduro bike with the intent to do a variety of riding.

So hit me up if you’re keen for a ride one day cheers !