Read First - Conditions of Use

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
As per request, we've added this section as a trial. Seeing as this primarily occurs for XC/Endurance type events we're going to keep this section here for now. It may in the future be moved to the trading area depending on scope and popularity.

Rules:
1. No scalping! the genuine uses for this forum is for people who have purchased entries to a race and have since found out they cannot attend. Buyers will be people who have missed pre-entry cut off dates or didn't enter quick enough.
2. We (Rotorburn) take no responsibility for transactions that take place. This is simply a place for members to find what they are looking for. The business end is up to the individuals, do you homework first and cover your bases.

Trading access is not required for this sub forum at present, if this section is abused by anyone this will be changed.

Last edited:

gixer7

Likes Dirt
3. No profits to be made here! The most you can charge is the amount your paid for entry. If you gained entry at a discount, then that is the maximum price you must sell your entry.
Firstly, I think this sub-forum is a great idea however I do wonder if the above condition might throw up some problems.

For example I recall some members were trying to sell surplus entries to the WSC at Stromlo (which was allowed by the organisers) that they had been given as prizes for winning other events. Obviously the price to them was zero and I am guessing this might occur for other events too?

I agree with the concept of not profiting from the trade but it might be unworkable in some situations and difficult to enforce in reality.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Sounds good, Scott. This should clear up a lot of the repetitive threads in the XC forums.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Firstly, I think this sub-forum is a great idea however I do wonder if the above condition might throw up some problems.

For example I recall some members were trying to sell surplus entries to the WSC at Stromlo (which was allowed by the organisers) that they had been given as prizes for winning other events. Obviously the price to them was zero and I am guessing this might occur for other events too?

I agree with the concept of not profiting from the trade but it might be unworkable in some situations and difficult to enforce in reality.
It does make it more complicated. I'll remove that rule for now, while I think of something more suitable.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It does make it more complicated. I'll remove that rule for now, while I think of something more suitable.
Perhaps common sense should prevail and the rule should be "no prices higher than face value" regardless of what price you paid for the ticket

seems simpler than dealling with discounted tickets or whatever