RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

trailbunny

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Thinking of those New Year’s resolutions already?

How about riding your bike more? We get you to choose your own challenge and come along on a different kind of cruise…

RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

When: 6 March 2010
Where: Mt Stromlo, Canberra (ACT)

Distances: 10km, 30km, 50km or 80km
- 10km and 30km are on an easier track
- 50km and 80km on a more challenging track

Basically, if you can ride a bike, you can ride The MTB Cruise. We have created a new fun, entry level and family-friendly cycling event where racers can set their goals themselves.

We chose Mt Stromlo in Canberra for its variety in terms of mountain bike track lengths and difficulty, to suit all types of bike riders. From highly experienced Competitive Racers to the enthusiastic Weekend Warriors. And Newbie Racers who have never participated in an organised cycling event before, don’t worry and give it a go.

Riders get to pick the distance - 10, 30, 50 or 80km - that will provide them with their personal challenge – and at the same time take the opportunity to ride alongside experienced racers and share the passion for the sport.

Bring the Kids - this is a family friendly event, with heaps of entertainment for the kids that will keep them busy and happy, including different kids races with exciting prizes and certificates. And the beginning of autumn should promise perfect riding conditions and beautiful surrounds in the Capital.

Lock in the date and for more details check out http://www.realinsurance.com.au/Bike/MTB-Cruise-event.aspx and the Rocky Trail website (www.rockytrailentertainment.com) where registration will open in the next few days.

Cheers,
Juliane :)

Last edited:

trailbunny

yep, that's the one - still trying to get my "posting rights" up :eek:, now that I'm a "full-time mountain biker" I'll be able to follow the blogs more regularly. :D

Cheers,
Juliane

Last edited:

cgrade

Squid
start times

I notice you have start times from 10-11:30. Worth considering an earlier start given how hot it is likely to be (particularly at stromlo) in early march? (It would make me a bit more keen to participate for a 50 or 80.)

gixer7

Likes Dirt
+1 to making the start time earlier. That last 4 hr at Stromlo was wicked hot during the middle of the day.

What is the plan for the race, specifically the 80km option. Is it a number of laps of Stromlo or does the course take a detour somewhere?

trailburner

We are quite excited about this event! Stromlo is such a great venue.

Re starting times - I agree in terms of heat but we are expecting quite a crowd and need to register everyone but we will give the timetable another thought.

Re track: there will be 2 loops. About 10km around the bottom of the hill and event centre for the 10 and 30 km options
about 23km including all the good bits of Mt Stromlo for the 50 and 80 km option.
We will route the track so that you get as close as possible to the 10,30, 50 and 80km

Re kids: There will be entertainment and races for them but you still need to have someone there to look after them. However they will be tired that night :)

We are still finalising details and will keep you posted.

trailburner

100 miler

We are happy to announce that we just opened a 100 mile option for the Real Bike Insurance MTB Cruise.

The category is by invitation only - we want to keep it small and fast.

We would like to invite: SSDave, Jackstack and Enduropulse.
Also everyone who raced a round of the Rocky Trail MTB GP, this year's JetBlack WSMTB 12 hours or JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney in the solo category.

If you are not on that list but want to race please send an email to cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Cool, will just have too run that past the Minister of Fun & Finance and I'll be in!

Would that include an earlier start? And presume we'd be just crankin out however many laps make up the 100 miles.

Last edited: