Rear hub suggestions!!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Had no problems with my m780 wheelset
If youre really into hope make sure you get the 40t version, way better engagement.

Its night and day when comparing the 24t vs 40t
I dont think that Hope make a 24t anymore.
Last 2 set I bought were 40t.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get Shimano if you want something that weighs more than a brick on your back wheel. Otherwise, go with Hope/King/DT Swiss/Sun-Ringle/WTB/Novatech/Loaded/Hadley/Funn

Warp

Likes Dirt
Bang for buck... Hope.

Light and reliable... DT 240

Badass and reasonably priced... Hadley

Money is no object... King.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Bugger me but I can't see why anyone would pay for King or i9 hubs. They can't possibly be that much better than Hope.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Bugger me but I can't see why anyone would pay for King or i9 hubs. They can't possibly be that much better than Hope.
Good marketing;)

I'm with you, a rebranded oem formular hub is more than enough for me!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Good marketing;)

I'm with you, a rebranded oem formular hub is more than enough for me!
A cockhead I know just bought a pair of brand new Novotec hubs, front with QR skewers, 15 and 20mm adapters, rear with QR, 135 x 10 bolt up and 135 x 12 through. $115 delivered to his door in one day.

Just saying.

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
A cockhead I know just bought a pair of brand new Novotec hubs, front with QR skewers, 15 and 20mm adapters, rear with QR, 135 x 10 bolt up and 135 x 12 through. $115 delivered to his door in one day.

Just saying.
Fuck, what a moron. :hungry:

Warp

Likes Dirt
I'm a wando, don't notice much at all, just ride the thing. My Hope's seem plenty good enough.
Never on a King, but I was on Hadleys (72 POE).

While the improvement is noticeable, it's not really that much more useful. Hopes are good enough. Hubs with less than 36 pick up points should be purified by fire.

Kings are pretty and stupid durable. Worth the money? That's another kettle of fish.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Funny how when hopes were 24t no one complained about engagement, and the vast majority of hope users are on them from the last decade.

Wtf, can't people turn their legs an extra 6 degrees without falling off their bike?