Rear tyre recommendation

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I've not had this happen at all yet. I had one puncture from either a rock or some metal, pretty decent tear. Apart from that they've been sweet.

What pressure are you running/what's your weight?

I spent some time getting the pressure right for me, too much and they aren't as grippy. Too little and they squirm. Just right and they're sweet.

If you like the tyre and are having issues with the strength they've just released an enduro casing which should stand up to a bit more abuse.
I'm running about 26-28 psi and ummmm I'm ummm 100kgs ha....wish I was less

Mounted on mavic 823s so should be all good.

What are you running yours at?

markb84

Likes Dirt
I'm running about 26-28 psi and ummmm I'm ummm 100kgs ha....wish I was less

Mounted on mavic 823s so should be all good.

What are you running yours at?
Yeah I'm not that far off your weight and was running mid 20s and getting squirm. I put the pressure up to about 30 and found them much better, then I bought a digital pressure guage and found I was actually running at 28 so when I was running at 25 I would have been more like 22.

I'm using 823s as well.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'm not that far off your weight and was running mid 20s and getting squirm. I put the pressure up to about 30 and found them much better, then I bought a digital pressure guage and found I was actually running at 28 so when I was running at 25 I would have been more like 22.

I'm using 823s as well.
Well i'm basically running exactly what you are - same weight / psi / rims and i've had two - what appear to be tears near the tread, in the last 4 rides that were too big for the sealant to adequately patch it up......

Not sure what to do other than give up or throw a tube in there.

Bluemutt

Likes Bikes
Well I'm having no luck with Hans Dampf at all. Keep getting major blow outs where the tread seems to rip a massive rip which the sealant can't handle. Always right near a tread.

Anyone else had this with any schwalbe tires? Not impressed for the price. Makes a see
Session out at the Youies an effort if have to keep going back to car. Mostly riding Travs and Cressy.

Might have to go back to old reliable Maxxis tires front and rear as I've had not a whimper of issue up front.
I believe myself and a mate rode a few Shuttle runs with you in Bright the other week.

The Conti Mtn Kings I was on just couldn't handle the rocks up there so I'm giving some 2.4 Fat Albert's a Go.
Similar edge knobs, more central knobs should be the go the steeps.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I believe myself and a mate rode a few Shuttle runs with you in Bright the other week.

The Conti Mtn Kings I was on just couldn't handle the rocks up there so I'm giving some 2.4 Fat Albert's a Go.
Similar edge knobs, more central knobs should be the go the steeps.
Hey There - yep that was I up in Bright a couple weekends ago - luckily didnt have any issues that day.... just been reserved for the days when you dont have much light or time of course.....

As for the Fat Albert's in the 2.4 - i was running one on the rear prior to the Hans Dampf and didnt have any problems other than it's a bit slow...... so it would be fine for a shuttle day but made the riding up a bit more work so i down sized to the HD....... maybe i'll go back to it for a bit and see how it feels.

mxdame

Likes Dirt
I like high roller or nobby nics on the rear.
I am running a hans dampf front & a nobby nick pacestar on the rear, the nobby nick has not even lasted 10 rides & have worn all the middle knobs away, the knobs on the side are still perfect & most still have not even worn the little rubber dags of them that are on new tyres. I am gutted as I run wicked wills on my DH bike & would be lucky to go through 3 a year (rotating new to the front & old front to the rear) & I ride DH about 2-4 times a week. Happy with the hans dampf up front but need to find a good ust rear.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
still very happy with the Spesh Captain 2.2 Armadillo Elite on the rear. Durable tread and sidewalls, fast rolling, good traction climbing.