Rebound Knob Boxxer WC

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
hey everone,
i recently took my bike for a ride and i forgot to take out the little red rebound adjuster knob from my WCs (bottom of the right stanchion), and it has fallen out along the trail.

I was wondering if anyone knows a place to get a new one, any bike shops that sell them as spares?
or if anyone knows any possible alternatives to adjust it, would an allen key do the job?

cheers andy

Last edited:

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, you can stick an alley key where the adjuster goes when you want to adjust them.. the adjuster is just an allen key with a fancy looking knob on the end, if you wanted to get a replacement i'd get in contact with monza(the Australian importer for RockShox stuff). Here is their website: http://www.monzabicycle.com.au/ or you could just go to your LBS and get them to order you one in...

Hope this helps...

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer same thing happened to my Team's. Just went down to my LBS here in Wollongong (Spearman Cycles) and they had plenty of them. I don't think the allen keys work...I tried. It cost me $15 but it's worth it. Go down to any bike shop that sells RockShox or a bike that has RockShox and you should be fine.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Yer same thing happened to my Team's. Just went down to my LBS here in Wollongong (Spearman Cycles) and they had plenty of them. I don't think the allen keys work...I tried. It cost me $15 but it's worth it. Go down to any bike shop that sells RockShox or a bike that has RockShox and you should be fine.
A allen key works.

willipa

Likes Dirt
new boxxer races same thing happened, except no one told me that you are meant to take the knob of while you ride.. why do they made them so that they fall out?

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they only fall out when running faster rebound because its wound out alot, when its wound in it stays in

but yeh you can just adjust it with an allen key

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A allen key works.

Yer ok sorry. If you had a long one it might. I only have the really short ones. Sorry guys. I've left my rebound knob thingo in for 5 months and nothing has happened to it. I run my rebound 1 full turn from as slow as you can go.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Yer ok sorry. If you had a long one it might. I only have the really short ones. Sorry guys. I've left my rebound knob thingo in for 5 months and nothing has happened to it. I run my rebound 1 full turn from as slow as you can go.
Thats very slow, would think that they would pack down on you for down hill. Have you tryed it faster.

Has anyone ever found that the rebound gets faster over a few months of rideing? My old 06 teams would winded them selfs full open till the thread bottomed out. I end up using lock tight wick in to stop it. Now my 07 WC seem to get faster over a month of riding aswell. Not as bad as the teams yet.
Anyone had similar thing?

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
simply wrapping some tape around the foot-bolt will keep the red knob in place.
It'll be a little firmer to put back in place, and a bit more resistance to adjustment, but it does the trick.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats very slow, would think that they would pack down on you for down hill. Have you tryed it faster.

Has anyone ever found that the rebound gets faster over a few months of rideing? My old 06 teams would winded them selfs full open till the thread bottomed out. I end up using lock tight wick in to stop it. Now my 07 WC seem to get faster over a month of riding aswell. Not as bad as the teams yet.
Anyone had similar thing?
thats because as the oil gets older it gets slightly thinner, and a lighter weight oil will rebound quick, but yeh 1 turn from full slow is bloody slow, i run full and want more!