Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

teK--

Eats Squid
Have tried other pedals but keep going back to the Vaults as they fit my duck wide feet best.

But the sealing system is shit so it was time to find a solution.

12mm ID PVC hose.

Just push it on and cut it just below this line (like 0.1mm or so)

Reassemble pedal and the hose should apply a light pressure on the seal to keep it in place.

Now no more seal migration issues..

Oh and also swap out those shitty factory bushing for IGUS W300. And make sure you use Loctite 609 retaining compound to stop them working their way out. Get them here:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Have tried other pedals but keep going back to the Vaults as they fit my duck wide feet best.

But the sealing system is shit so it was time to find a solution.

12mm ID PVC hose.

Just push it on and cut it just below this line (like 0.1mm or so)

View attachment 377170

Reassemble pedal and the hose should apply a light pressure on the seal to keep it in place.

Now no more seal migration issues..

View attachment 377171

Oh and also swap out those shitty factory bushing for IGUS W300. And make sure you use Loctite 609 retaining compound to stop them working their way out. Get them here:

What size feet do you have out of interest?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thought I would add some recent pedal experiences here...

I purchased a pair of Deity Deftrap pedals. Yes the platform is big and allows a good amount of surface contact for your foot. But...it feels like they are dead flat. There is no discernible convex or concave feeling over the axle, which some people may find off putting. I personally like a dished concave pedal to cradle the ball of my foot in, without it my foot hold feels ambiguous. Currently these are my commuting pedals so I don't mind. If I switch them to off road duties I will consider longer pins.

Also as per my post elsewhere regarding the spank spoon pedals and their tiny pins, here is my work around.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
To be fair, it's not like you have spent much time on them until this last week or so and don't have many pedals to compare with.
I've been on ten or so rides on them. And I can compare them with the Sam Hill pedals which definitely have a concave surface.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Happy to pay for advertising, sorry If I upset you. Post deleted
I'm just about 30 years too young for how cantankerous I am. Thank you though. For what it's worth - I'm glad you're on board (the forum), you've obviously got a lot of interesting experience/knowledge - it's just I like a strong divide between community space and commercial opportunity.

Last edited:

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
To be fair, it's not like you have spent much time on them until this last week or so and don't have many pedals to compare with.
Ok I've done 600km on my Deity Deftraps and here are my thoughts -
  • They're definitely not concave!
  • They need 12mm pins - they come with 10mm pins as standard. I bought 24 replacement pins - and somehow got 24 x 10mm! I'll swap them out anyway as they might be a bit grippier being new
  • They're cunts for speccing M3 5mm edge to edge hex nuts

Last edited:
Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
Ok I've done 600km and here are my thoughts -
  • They're definitely not concave!
  • They need 12mm pins - they come with 10mm pins as standard. I bought 24 replacement pins - and somehow got 24 x 10mm! I'll swap them out anyway as they might be a bit grippier being new
  • They're cunts for speccing M3 5mm edge to edge hex nuts
Refresh us with which pedals you are actually referring to so we don't have to wade through the thread to decipher...