Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Oddjob - na i didnt know there was an issue with Hopes bearings, i purchased the full kits and the little machined down socket from some online bike store in England iirc. Again i was really just pissed off at the cost to buy all of the bits.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Little comparison between the V12, F20 and Vaults.
I was expecting greater difference between the V12 and Vaults, probably due to the error’s in Specifications used by sellers online. I think some still use the dimensions from the Gen1 Vaults??? But then again id found other comments saying the only difference between the Gen1 and 2 was the logo’s and Pin colour etc no structural changes???

Im surprised by how much bigger the Vaults look to the F20’s, yet the F20’s still feel like they offer more support under foot.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I've got a set of the Sam Hill's and they are pretty good. I'd rate them the same as the DMR Vault for grip and better than the Hope's. They have had a fair beating and they just keep on trucking with no fuss.
My Vaults didn't last long at all before they munted one axle(bushing scored the axle) in less than 100kms. I forgot that it's necessary to rebuild every new MTB part before use to ensure they have been put together correctly and lubricated. Zero stock for replacement so CRC gave me a credit voucher and I nearly bought another set of Sam Hill's with it but got distracted and used it on some other shiny thing.

I have discovered Deity TMac's as well. Terribly expensive but the best I've ever used. If you can get these on special I highly recommend them.
Deity TMAC price is just too eye watering for a pedal i think.... circa $250 on a good day. That's the kind of thing I would try if i won them.

Seems to be a real mixed review on Vaults from a reliability perspective. Like i mentioned i've absolutely abused my V12s for like 5 years and they're still very close to new except the pins a bit destroyed and warn down... bought the terror pins and have slowly moved the pins around from spot to spot depending on the wear.

I really want to try bigger but the pics above make me wonder if the Vault size increase is enough to justify the change.... this is where shops could really out class online by having a pair of a few good pedals you could try before you buy. Pedals and handlebars... i'd happily buy from local store if i could try a few of each before i buy.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
.... this is where shops could really out class online by having a pair of a few good pedals you could try before you buy. Pedals and handlebars... i'd happily buy from local store if i could try a few of each before i buy...../QUOTE]
Exactly this. Why would I pay more for a smaller range of options?

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
@smasher29er Never heard of those and almost no reviews.... what made you try those??
The size and being able to change the pin type. I think pinkbike or maybe vitalmtb did a initial review of them, plus I am always happy to roll the dice. I have been finding that as a tall 6'5", big foot size US 14/15 and 100kg's if I buy something and its aimed for bigger riders I will love it. Long bikes, 29ers, big pedals, thick grips, wide bars all great

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Where's our resident greenophile @wkkie, he'll be all over them.
I did start looking thanks to @HamboCairns other thread and put a stock alert email on them and got notification and they're in the basket as we speak... :p

These look pretty good as well...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I got excited, but its not going to match DVO or OneUp green so I'm out haha. It would match Wolftooth green I think though.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I'm really interested in the Kona Wah Wah 2
Composite or Alloy?

I was going with the Wah Wah 2s composite but Australia a rip off. They're $10usd more than OneUp/RF in North America but $50 more than same pedals here in AUS.

Oneup 49usd/79Aus
Kona 59usd/130Aus

At $130 I just went alloy Vaults for pretty much same price.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Composite or Alloy?

I was going with the Wah Wah 2s composite but Australia a rip off. They're $10usd more than OneUp/RF in North America but $50 more than same pedals here in AUS.

Oneup 49usd/79Aus
Kona 59usd/130Aus

At $130 I just went alloy Vaults for pretty much same price.
OneUps look great good actually.