Recommend me a small cheap security camera

cammas

Seamstress
We have a couple of ring ones for home, which reminds I still need to pick one for the back veranda, they work well and they have good variety not just the doorbell one but motion sensor, lights and live footage etc. Even caught my daughter in law letting one rip after she walked out our front door with my son laughing, as she didn't realize the camera would pick it up.

Also if you haven't seen this movie maybe check your manhole (no not that one ;)) but check in your roof if your really worried :oops:, enjoyable movie too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Get one of the parrots that can learn to mimic words/sounds then teach it to bark?

(I suspect this would lead to the biggest sense of regret ever experienced by a human, but that's not the point!)
There was an ad on the garbutt community notice board. Found: parrot, perched on a telegraph pole. Says fuck a lot.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have one of these solar powered Wifi ones in backyard. Works better than I thought it would. I have had to reset it once when it had a very hot day in the summer heat. I also really don't mind if the CCP watches me mowing the lawn or hanging clothes on the line so no security concerns.

Just bolt it in and point it to a WiFI DMZ subnet and off it goes.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002483681092.html

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Have a couple of Wyze ones and they are OK

Records to SD, plus can do cloud, or RSTP.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated :) Is there anything the RB brains trust doesn't know...?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
. Even caught my daughter in law letting one rip after she walked out our front door with my son laughing, as she didn't realize the camera would pick it up.

Haha, that's the biggest problem with sticking these up all over your house, nothing is sacred anymore lol. Cotfws soon to be a video thread.

Every couple of weeks now a video gets passed around work of something silly that happened to someone at home. Anything happens and first question is show us the video lol.
Last few weeks as been a decent face plant tripping out a shed door and someone breaking their toe gardening by dropping a trailer tailgate on it!

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I got one of those outdoor TAPO cameras when that BMX guy recommended them last time, but don't let him know that.

I rate it, there is a fee if you want to use their cloud storage, but I fitted SD card after the free cloud trial ended instead.

I also got one of these for the front door, the only spot to put it was where anyone could just grab it, so I got the cheapest one. It's pretty much as good as the more expensive outdoor one, and is also fairly compact