Recommend places to ride near Sydney

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am heading up to Blacktown to work for a month.

I am from Melbourne and don't know anywhere to ride around NSW.

My favourite trails in Victoria are Bright, Ballarat, Red Hill, You Yangs and Buxton.

I'll be riding a nomad 4 and will have a work car. Somebody local could recommend some gravity trails in the area?

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
They're not ignoring you, we're just a few years behind on the whole trail access thing.

I'm not a local but have ridden some good stuff at the base of the Blue Mountains which should be close to you. Check out the Trailforks app if you don't get any bites here.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I am heading up to Blacktown to work for a month.

<<snippety>>

I'll be riding a nomad 4 and will have a work car. Somebody local could recommend some gravity trails in the area?
Yay, although we prefer to call it Noireville.

I would suggest Knapsack DH at Glenbrook which is about 30 minutes west from Blacktown. Knapsack is a bit of a maze though. Some details on this link

https://www.roammtb.com/au/nsw/knapsack-reserve

Some time at Mill Creek near Menai should be fun for you too.

Might have to meet the Drizzle while you are in town.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Theres a few around mill creek/loftus that’l be fun, but bloody short runs compared to bright etc (like <minute) it’ll be a solid drive from blacktown. Best bet’d be head to the blue mountains I reckon. If you wer gonna come this way I’d be inclined to keep scootchin on south for greenvalleys if gravity’s your inclination.

If you wer coming here I’d make a day of it and hit mill creek in the mornin after coming off the M5, grab some breaky and a coffee down at the beach at cronulla then knock out loftus afterwards.

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for all of the great suggestions guys. Riding with some burners would be fantastic!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got up here on the 31st but haven't managed to get back to Melbourne to grab my bike because I have been flat out working and haven't had a day off.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hook up with the blackmans crew from Penrith ... you need locals to show you what’s what in the mountains and surrounds.