Recommendations for a fun enduro bike?

motas

Likes Bikes
It is a good idea introduced at a bad time...based off an existing standard (157) with virtually no downsides as far as I can tell. Boost 148 was the stupid idea, another pointless halfway standard drip-fed to us by the industry.
You mean now I have to wait for Canyon to adopt super boost??? :(

How is this thread void of e-bike recommendations?
Now you mention it I'd be pretty tempted, they may ban me from racing even though I still wouldn't win! Are there any decent E bikes for around the $4k mark?

So in other news I had a few hours to play with the Kona's suspension. Rockshocks recommended fork pressure (30% ish sag) ended up with me bottoming the forks out on the first jump. Not a great recommendation. 25% sag is still pretty close to bottoming out but okay. Low 20% ish seems like the area to be in, which is where i started. I think some volume spacers would definitely help, but the forks feel pretty good regardless of what I do with them.

I set the rear to 30% sag and it feels super plush and still doesn't seem to bottom out. Made the downhill track slightly smoother, but most of the tracks a lot more boring. I think I may bump it back up to 20% sag. It seems I need a lot more fork travel than rear travel, is that normal? Do most people use all their fork and rear travel? My hardtail has 150mm forks and feels pretty good, but with rear suspension I can definitely use the 160mm forks.

Cheers!

Scotty675

Cable thief
So link has gone - please spill on price and what it was....
As mentioned it was a pivot switchblade 29er, xt/Xtr pro build. Unbelievable price and I’d watched it for a while. Shit timing as I have a banshee paradox frame on the way (hopefully 3 weeks). The hardtail was the bike I was going to build but the pivot was to good a deal not to buy.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
As mentioned it was a pivot switchblade 29er, xt/Xtr pro build. Unbelievable price and I’d watched it for a while. Shit timing as I have a banshee paradox frame on the way (hopefully 3 weeks). The hardtail was the bike I was going to build but the pivot was to good a deal not to buy.
What parts will fit over? You’ll still be on top doing a parts swap

Scotty675

Cable thief
Would only be wheels
Could swap a few parts. Fork, dropper and a few other bits and pieces. Just got confirmation that frame is in customs so should be here Friday. Turning into a good week. The frame may have to wait a bit longer to be built up as I think I’ll keep both